Cohen cleaned things up before he left

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
2022 FB won the egg bowl and ended ranked, no coaching controversy to speak of, Jans’ team has everyone excited, the Lady dawgs seem better. Lady soccer did well. Hopefully Baseball will be better.

Ole Miss, Auburn, and T A&M just don’t have good leadership.

We will need a good replacement for sure.

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Cleaned things up? He created the football mess. Jans was the Adidas hire. Sam was round two of a huge mistake. I can't give him credit for anything other than his love, baseball. I will give him credit there. Other than that, he was a mess in marketing and on the NIL side. Both took off as soon as he left.
He's Auburns problem now.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
2022 FB won the egg bowl and ended ranked, no coaching controversy to speak of, Jans’ team has everyone excited, the Lady dawgs seem better. Lady soccer did well. Hopefully Baseball will be better.

Ole Miss, Auburn, and T A&M just don’t have good leadership.

We will need a good replacement for sure.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Reactions: Darryl Steight

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I am indifferent on Cohen mostly. I am thankful for what he did for the baseball program. But he was average at best on his hires in the other big sports, and hiring was supposed to be his selling point. He was downright awful at many other things that ADs need to do. He was a penny pincher and that served us well during COVID.

So there was good and bad. He did an average job but it was time to move on. Nothing needed to be cleaned up.

was21

May 29, 2007
I'm no Cohen lover, hater nor apologist, but he deserves credit for acting decisively on Canizarro & Moorhead.
that's why Auburn hired him...to keep Freezus in line and fire his *** when he buys the next phone

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Cleaned things up? He created the football mess. Jans was the Adidas hire. Sam was round two of a huge mistake. I can't give him credit for anything other than his love, baseball. I will give him credit there. Other than that, he was a mess in marketing and on the NIL side. Both took off as soon as he left.
AD’s are going to make bad hires. That is just a crapshoot. You can’t say he didn’t hire any of the good coaches but did hire all the bad ones. That’s pretty ridiculous. He left us in a very good position as far as coaches in the big 3 sports. The most important thing to do is to reconcile a mistake as soon as you know it’s a mistake and he did that in baseball and football and he got us a Good basketball coach. Now NIL, he deserves all the smoke for that **** show. He was an awful fundraiser and he was an awful marketing guy. That is what we should really be upset with him about. His coaching hires hit on a higher clip than most, even if it took him 2 tries.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
So does Adidas hire all of our basketball coaches? People said Howland was an Adidas hire and now Jans is too? Does Adidas care that much about MSU basketball?
Feel like the whole adidas thing is getting vastly overplayed.

kphall11

Apr 8, 2013
So does Adidas hire all of our basketball coaches? People said Howland was an Adidas hire and now Jans is too? Does Adidas care that much about MSU basketball?
Shoe companies basically run AAU and the top players usually go to a specific school based on what shoe company their AAU team is and go to a college that has the same.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Some of you people are dumb as $h1t

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I am indifferent on Cohen mostly. I am thankful for what he did for the baseball program. But he was average at best on his hires in the other big sports, and hiring was supposed to be his selling point. He was downright awful at many other things that ADs need to do. He was a penny pincher and that served us well during COVID.

So there was good and bad. He did an average job but it was time to move on. Nothing needed to be cleaned up.
Well said

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login