Cohen is now Johnnie Harris boss

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Well considering Cohen didn’t hire Harris at Vic’s replacement when she wanted the job and the fanbase wanted her then it’s gotta be awkward did Harris to have Cohen as her boss when he didn’t want her at MSU

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
…and he'd better make a splash hire in football too because that will be his first order of business.
This is what makes the least amount of sense about why Auburn would want him. Especially right now.

Stricklin destroyed our basketball program for a decade. Cohen made two head scratching (I.e., “intellectual”) hires in baseball and football that he had to fire astonishingly early. And somehow bigger programs wanted these guys? Stricklin has been mediocre at best in Gainesville, and that place is sane compared to Auburn.

I hope we hire a qualified outsider that comes in and makes us better than we were like Byrne. Who gives a flip if they leave in 5 years?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is what makes the least amount of sense about why Auburn would want him. Especially right now.

Stricklin destroyed our basketball program for a decade. Cohen made two head scratching (I.e., “intellectual”) hires in baseball and football that he had to fire astonishingly early. And somehow bigger programs wanted these guys? Stricklin has been mediocre at best in Gainesville, and that place is sane compared to Auburn.

I hope we hire a qualified outsider that comes in and makes us better than we were like Byrne. Who gives a flip if they leave in 5 years?
They see any success state has as an anomaly that the AD brought

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They see any success state has as an anomaly that the AD brought

This is an interesting point if you think about it.

Are we really just producing stellar ADs over and over that bigger, better programs must hire?

Or, are we just a much better athletic program now than most realize, regardless of leadership.

The perineal cow colleges of the world have plenty of wealthy alumni nowadays.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This is an interesting point if you think about it.

Are we really just producing stellar ADs over and over that bigger, better programs must hire?

Or, are we just a much better athletic program now than most realize, regardless of leadership.

The perineal cow colleges of the world have plenty of wealthy alumni nowadays.
Well I think Byrne started it. He was a good AD. Strick was too but he was really riding off of Byrne.

Last edited:

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
He's also Butch Thompson's boss again but they're close. Good luck trying to control that p.o.s. Pearl and he'd better make a splash hire in football too because that will be his first order of business.
Well, if he follows his mentor loaferz playbook Mike Leach will be coaching on the plains next season.

Dec 23, 2017
The AD at auburn is a puppet on a string, taking direct orders from the General, YellaWood and Bobby Louder. Direct hotline incoming; no outgoing landline at all.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Well, if he follows his mentor loaferz playbook Mike Leach will be coaching on the plains next season.
I thought that same exact same thing initially but I'm gonna guess that's not going to happen for a few reasons. First, I don't think Leach wants to start all over at this point in his career. Secondly, apparently he and Cohen weren't the best o' buds. I know this, they're polar opposites when it comes to their political views.

Reactions: Preacher Franklin
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login