Cohen is the obvious choice. There should be one candidate and it should be him!

G

Goat Holder

We can go after the big fish in baseball. We will hire Raffo.

dawginlaurel

Aug 5, 2007
LT can't leave soon enough. Let Byrne use his Kentucky ties and go get Cohen NOW!!!! To me this is an easy decision. This is baseball we can get who we want!

statefanjosh

Jan 25, 2008
I think Steve Smith should get a look as the new coach. Either him or Cohen would be great hires though.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not that Cohen wouldn't be a good coach for us, or maybe even the best coach for us. But that we should limit ourselves to one candidate. We should open this search for as many of the best and brightest college baseball coaches as we can, and then whittle it down to the best one. If that's Cohen, great. But if it's somebody else and we take Cohen just because that's who we decided we wanted and never even looked, then we've screwed ourselves on two straight baseball hires.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Given the history of our baseball hires, we'll probably bring back Pat McMahon to set the stage for another Polk return.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
one rumor that this was done so that Raffo would be hired.

Makes sense...no one to overrule LT on this call.

G

Goat Holder

I mean, he's recruited some good players, we've been hitting for consistent averages, Polk dumb blunders have cost us at least 5 or so games this year. We really are at a point to where anybody is better than Polk. He simply cannot recruit off name only anymore.

ram124

Oct 10, 2007
With the prestige that comes with the MSU Baseball program, surely we'll go after some guys with experience. Hopefully some national names, not just Cohen.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
Goat Holder said:
I mean, he's recruited some good players, we've been hitting for consistent averages, Polk dumb blunders have cost us at least 5 or so games this year. We really are at a point to where anybody is better than Polk. He simply cannot recruit off name only anymore.

Neither Raffo or anybody else has recruited nearly enough good players to MSU in a long time.</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
recruiting wise. If he is the choice, the only hope I have is that people that know him insist he is his own man and has a different plan.

He needs to hire 2 guys that are lights out recruiters and one of which knows how to take care of arms.

But in reality, he'll retain McNickle. We don't fire people.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Polk would just go ahead and step down and let Raffo coach the rest of the season on an interim basis, with the thought that he would have the inside track on the job.

At least that would be my thinking.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
In my opinion, this may be the last chance that we have to get an upper echelon HC on historical program recognition alone. This hire is absolutely do or die. The search MUST be nationwide and selective.

And Raffo is NOT the guy.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I have also heard from someone within the team that it very well could be Raffo. I hope not

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login