Cohen now is 18-0 and has UK #2

TBonewannabe

Mar 3, 2008
So is it even remotely possible we can get him to come home for next year? I really hope Polk can turn it around but it isn't looking too good.

Feb 23, 2008
you can't make a stale fart leave a room sometimes. This has been covered, then recovered but UK cannot come close to matching what we can offer to a baseball coach. Unless Cohen has some kind of personal attachment to UK (which I doubt), he'd be here in a heartbeat. If any coach of Cohen's caliber wants to play for the big prize, he'll get out quick anyway. He was offered some places last year reportedly but stayed. You give a guy a big raise, an indoor practice facility (who else has one of those?), 6,000 season tickets, a fund raising club set aside strictly for baseball, and think about the possibilities.....Now that I think about it, I don't know if that excites me about potential coaches or pisses me off more at Polk for not taking advantage of them.

Jan 13, 2008
didn't byrne hire cohen at KY? Polk needs to get out of town and let Cohen come in. I'm just afraid that Raffo will get first look. If that happens, we're 17ed.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I was under the impression that Byrne's only responsibilities in Lexington were to raise money for the basketball program. How was in in position to hire a baseball coach?

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
It would be nice to have Cohen in here next year but I don't see Byrne canning the Legend one year after a trip to Omaha. My hope is that Polk turns it around, makes the SEC tourney and host a regional. Then promptly retires.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
that what cohen's done at uk has been impressive, they always seem to fall apart at the end of the year

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
pissed off at Polk group (going on 15 years).

He has vastly underachieved.

It is one of two things:

1. He has neglected the program or
2. He is not a good coach.

Paper Dog

Feb 20, 2008
However, he has missed the tournament 3 of the last 4 years

We presently have a coach who can deliver 9th in the league every year

patdog

May 28, 2007
Their results the last 4 years have been similar, but Cohen is coaching at the worst baseball school in the SEC and Polk is coaching at arguably the best. You have to think that Cohen at MSU would do more than Cohen at KY.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
John Cohen is at Kentucky...Kentucky. He has hosted as many regionals in his 4 years there as Ron Polk has in his first 6 here.

And Ron Polk inherited a program with 2 CWS and @ Super appearances in the 5 years preceding his return.

John Cohen is what we need.

G

Goat Holder

By "best" I think any logical minded SEC baseball fan can infer that he means the school with the most potential, which is probably us, maybe LSU. If Polk had Bianco's fire about recruiting, we would dominate this state and the South. Hell, we still get whoever we want. I can't remember the last time we were actually beaten on a guy we seriously wanted. But, our coach is the same guy who said Stephen Head wasn't good enough.

By your logic, Kentucky would be a better baseball school than us.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
MSU is definitely arguably the best baseball school in the SEC. In terms of results, it's definitely in the lower half. But if we got a good coach in here, we could be right back up at the top. Mississippi is there and they have very good facilities and fan support, but neither matches what we have at MSU.

Well ****, I just read Goat Holders response to your post and he says it better than I am. So just read his post.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login