Cole Cubelic on Unnecessary Roughness

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Did anyone listen to the Unnecessary Roughness episode with Cole Cubelic? I was surprised at how much of a homer he was about Freeze at Auburn. I could see through Freeze’s ******** even as Kubelic relayed it. That’s stunning. Also, what’s with the terrible take on 3-3-5 defense? Arnette has run that defense to great effect and Cole seems to have just forgotten.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Did anyone listen to the Unnecessary Roughness episode with Cole Cubelic? I was surprised at how much of a homer he was about Freeze at Auburn. I could see through Freeze’s ******** even as Kubelic relayed it. That’s stunning. Also, what’s with the terrible take on 3-3-5 defense? Arnette has run that defense to great effect and Cole seems to have just forgotten.
I’ve always liked him on tv, but I was surprised at how poorly he was prepared to discuss SEC football during that interview.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That defense has its problems. If it was a great formation you would see it more often than just by JLD and Rocky Long.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I listened to the interview and felt the opposite. He was very candid about Freeze. He said that Hughie is going to be given opportunities to mess up if success comes and they have to sit back and see how he handles it when the time comes. Cole is fan inside like the rest of us, but I’ve never felt like he was an AU homer.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I listened to the interview and felt the opposite. He was very candid about Freeze. He said that Hughie is going to be given opportunities to mess up if success comes and they have to sit back and see how he handles it when the time comes. Cole is fan inside like the rest of us, but I’ve never felt like he was an AU homer.
You should hear him every day on B’ham sports radio

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I usually like Cole, but his "concerns" about Will having to take snaps under Center and turn his back to the defense were addressed by Arnett when talking to Brian on Supertalk. Arnett said it was news to him that we are not in the shotgun and have Will with his back to the defense.

And I dont remember any plays like that in the spring game either.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
You should hear him every day on B’ham sports radio
He’s not as bad as that jackass Rob Pate they have on sometimes.
He’s the one that played some DB for Auburn in the 90’s-2000’s and against State, went
0-4, yet he gets on the radio and says stupid **** like it’s just Miss State, we should handle them easily and then we beat Auburn again.
Best was that live video feed he and that other auburn jackass did for one season only I think.
We beat them like a drum that day too it was glorious to go back and see that video.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He’s not as bad as that jackass Rob Pate they have on sometimes.
He’s the one that played some DB for Auburn in the 90’s-2000’s and against State, went
0-4, yet he gets on the radio and says stupid **** like it’s just Miss State, we should handle them easily and then we beat Auburn again.
Best was that live video feed he and that other auburn jackass did for one season only I think.
We beat them like a drum that day too it was glorious to go back and see that video.
I’m not familiar with Rob Pate but Josh Pate is ok. He gives respect to the Bulldogs most of the time. Do you happen to have a link to the video you referenced?

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I’m not familiar with Rob Pate but Josh Pate is ok. He gives respect to the Bulldogs most of the time. Do you happen to have a link to the video you referenced?
Rob Pate is correct. He is an eye doctor in Auburn ( I think) now and they have him on WJOX for a segment fairly often and he is an Auburn Homer. Both of them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login