Color me unimpessed w/Garrett

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
watch parts of 2 THS games (Amory/Shannon) and I didn't see a Div 1 QB. Both of these teams are smaller schools to boot.

This loss is not a loss. Crooms is probably dancing in his underwear in celebration of losing the Golden Wave signal caller

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
I saw several people say this while he was committed to us, however, I don't think you get the type of offers he has before April of your Junior year without being pretty damn good. I'll admit that I've never seen him play and his TD/INT ratio is a bit disturbing, but to say he isn't a loss is probably a bit much.

patdog

May 28, 2007
that he's getting the offers and the stars based purely on his size and arm strength. Recruiters and scouts tend to salivate over things like that. But there's a hell of a lot more that goes into playing QB than size and arm strength. Otherwise, Ty Evans would be an All-SEC QB for us.

olemissbydamn

May 24, 2006
it is now ok to say that Garrett isn't very impressive.

I said it (based on watching him play twice) before he even committed to you and flames of message board hell almost consumed me.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
A couple of folks on here (MSU fans) have said he's a bit over-rated, not everybody. The jury is probably still out. It's just the fact that we didn't sign a quarterback last year because he was 'our guy' and Croom couldn't even seal the deal with a top prospect that grew up bleeding maroon. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of talking about this guy. Can we please just drop it. It's done gotten old.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
And that's why I hate recruiting because the usual is said - He comes to State but he sucks - he is a sleeper.

If he doesn't come to State - we didn't want him, he isn't that good or whatever the excuse du jour (excuse of the day - sounds good - i'll think I'll have that) is.

G

Goat Holder

The issue is Croom's ability to land a highly sought after offensive skill player (QB/WR). But to tell you the truth, I don't think Garrett was EVER a solid commit to us. I think the pressure made him commit coupled with the notion that us, UM and USM would probably be the only ones to offer. But he always had eyes for the big boys.</p>

mucasplugg

Mar 26, 2008
The defending National Champs offer a March skolly to a QB you know damn sure they are not throwing it away. They have studied his films and are very satisfied he is SEC bonified. SOUR GRAPES. The Silver Walrus better get off his butt and find another QB as good.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login