Colorado…

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When all the realignment is done BYU will have the largest stadium in that conference. None reaching 65K. Also, Washington and Arizona State will have the two largest stadiums in the Pack 12. Both are 70K plus and only one or two will have compacity of 60K plus.

Reactions: onewoof

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
For some reason I find this pretty funny. Twelve or so years ago when the Big 12 lost Colorado and Nebraska, and then A&M and Mizzou a year or two later, I didn't think the conference would survive. Now I wonder if the PAC #? will find a way to keep going.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Pac will be like big east. They are much bigger in Olympic sports for the remaining schools. Football not so much. Utah and Oregon will own that conference. I expect Utah to go with Colorado. Maybe the oregon and Arizona teams. I think Washington teams and Stanford gets screwed and ends up in a smaller conference

I think big 12 survives with those to become the 4th super conference with sec, big 10, and acc. That's what it's coming to

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
For some reason I find this pretty funny. Twelve or so years ago when the Big 12 lost Colorado and Nebraska, and then A&M and Mizzou a year or two later, I didn't think the conference would survive. Now I wonder if the PAC #? will find a way to keep going.
San Diego State >>> Colorado

(but obviously not USC or UCLA)

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Rumors that Washington or Oregon could be next to announce for the 12

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Pac will be like big east. They are much bigger in Olympic sports for the remaining schools. Football not so much. Utah and Oregon will own that conference. I expect Utah to go with Colorado. Maybe the oregon and Arizona teams. I think Washington teams and Stanford gets screwed and ends up in a smaller conference

I think big 12 survives with those to become the 4th super conference with sec, big 10, and acc. That's what it's coming to
Neither the Big 12 nor ACC have near the strength of the SEC/B1G. Those two will raid both as it becomes economically feasible.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Neither the Big 12 nor ACC have near the strength of the SEC/B1G. Those two will raid both as it becomes economically feasible.
Those two conferences might merge into a super conference and the SEC picking up two or so from the ACC. Schools use to be able to make deals to get the votes they wanted to keep a team out of the SEC. It is a lot harder to do now with 16 teams. I don't think the Texas Schools, Oklahoma school, Arkansas, LSU, the Mississippi Schools, the Alabama schools or the Tenn schools will give a damn about SC and Florida feelings if FSU or Clemson wants in. This is just me shooting from the hip making small talk. I would like to see it and OK State get in. I doubt they would be willing to leave the Big 12 if it managed to stay a P5 conference because them and Kansas State will be top dogs.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Those two conferences might merge into a super conference and the SEC picking up two or so from the ACC. Schools use to be able to make deals to get the votes they wanted to keep a team out of the SEC. It is a lot harder to do now with 16 teams. I don't think the Texas Schools, Oklahoma school, Arkansas, LSU, the Mississippi Schools, the Alabama schools or the Tenn schools will give a damn about SC and Florida feelings if FSU or Clemson wants in. This is just me shooting from the hip making small talk. I would like to see it and OK State get in. I doubt they would be willing to leave the Big 12 if it managed to stay a P5 conference because them and Kansas State will be top dogs.
It'll take something pretty huge to get Florida State and Clemson. I believe they would have to shell out lkke $50+ million per school to break contract with the conference until like 2036.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
It'll take something pretty huge to get Florida State and Clemson. I believe they would have to shell out lkke $50+ million per school to break contract with the conference until like 2036.
Supposedly if 8 ACC schools vote to dissolve the conference, they could skate on any exit fees.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Not disagreeing but in the grand scheme of things 50 million is not that much anymore in college football.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
was thinking of the ego of Deion as a first time high profile coach... this isn't JSU anymore and he, like many other first time coaches have done, will really push his team and try to make a big personal statement early (as well as his son as the starting QB, named during his move there, whattttt)

with Tubberville trying to put some controls around NIL, don't you know every AD, coach and influencial boosters at schools like Colorado, Tenn, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, etc, are contacting their congress representatives on the daily pleading with them so that congress will lay off NIL. Hell even Bama is probably so that they can continue to work the system under the table the way they have it all lined up.

All that to say I think Colorado will be a reality TV dysfuction drama fest by the end of this season for so many reasons. Did you see Deion hyping up the $200K car his son got with NIL? Get the popcorn. Almost like Saban taking recruits to his Ferrari dealership.... wild. The game is to get that bag as big and as fast as you can, and oh yeah, play some football games too since you have to.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
was thinking of the ego of Deion as a first time high profile coach... this isn't JSU anymore and he, like many other first time coaches have done, will really push his team and try to make a big personal statement early (as well as his son as the starting QB, named during his move there, whattttt)

with Tubberville trying to put some controls around NIL, don't you know every AD, coach and influencial boosters at schools like Colorado, Tenn, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, etc, are contacting their congress representatives on the daily pleading with them so that congress will lay off NIL. Hell even Bama is probably so that they can continue to work the system under the table the way they have it all lined up.

All that to say I think Colorado will be a reality TV dysfuction drama fest by the end of this season for so many reasons. Did you see Deion hyping up the $200K car his son got with NIL? Get the popcorn. Almost like Saban taking recruits to his Ferrari dealership.... wild.

Glad at least one elected official is working on things that matter**

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Glad at least one elected official is working on things that matter**
Tubberville as a Senator will make 100x what he made at Auburn and Ole Miss and not because of inflation. Senators hit jackpot generational wealth from all the lobbyists. He gets bags every week.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
FSU's and Clemson's plan is now clear - win and win big. If I'm those two, I do everything I can to build my program and take advantage of the weak ACC and build a brand around each other. And the SEC absolutely has to take them as soon as the ACC deal is breakable. At that point, it's all business.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
They ought to drop West Virginia, UCF and Cincinnati and add the rest of the Pac-XX. Big mistake adding all these bum schools. Really not sure what Colorado sees here.

Colorado solidifies the western edge and gives BYU a traveling partner.

As far as the East is concerned, they're tanned, rested, and ready...

College Sports Sport GIF by University of Memphis

• Haha
Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Geez I hope not. Last thing we need is another P5 team essentially in North Mississippi.
I know. :D

In all seriousness, the next spot available is UConn's if they want it.

The Big 12 have been wooing them the past several months.

But the Huskies need to make a decision on who they are.

Reactions: Dawgg

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
What an impressive rebound by the Big 12. I think they add either one or all 3 of Arizona, Oregon and Washington next. Those guys have to be clamoring for a new league knowing the PAC 12 is dying. They still don't have a TV deal!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They ought to drop West Virginia, UCF and Cincinnati and add the rest of the Pac-XX. Big mistake adding all these bum schools. Really not sure what Colorado sees here.
Colorado sees guaranteed money in a quasi-stable conference over "just wait, it's gonna be great. we're getting a primetime Tuesday night spot on the CW".

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Colorado sees guaranteed money in a quasi-stable conference over "just wait, it's gonna be great. we're getting a primetime Tuesday night spot on the CW".
Yeah. And the known fact that any one of them are gone as soon as the B1G calls. Just like the ACC and SEC.

It's just a matter of surviving over the next few years and hoping for a good outcome.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Yeah. And the known fact that any one of them are gone as soon as the B1G calls. Just like the ACC and SEC.

It's just a matter of surviving over the next few years and hoping for a good outcome.
Exactly, especially when you know one option provides 31 million annually and the other is currently looking at games on MTV between episodes of Ridiculousness. Just take what you can, when you can and see what happens when the next domino falls.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What an impressive rebound by the Big 12. I think they add either one or all 3 of Arizona, Oregon and Washington next. Those guys have to be clamoring for a new league knowing the PAC 12 is dying. They still don't have a TV deal!
Somebody is about to get screwed eventually. I think Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal eventually make it to the B1G. I think the Arizona schools are who get the first big screw job of this transition. I guess it'll depend on if the B1G would forfeit one of Stanford or Cal for the Phoenix market. I don't think they will, because they are arrogant like that.

So if I'm Arizona and Arizona State, I'm absolutely going Big 12 at this point. Utah should as well, but I don't know about the humble pie they'll have to eat being alongside BYU, but we all know that's been a rivalry forever.

Second big screw job happens to Oregon State and Washington State. They are probably headed Mountain West, but that's a sneaky good conference. But then the Big 12 will expand and try to get to 20 too and raid it.

On the other side of the country, ten years later, the ACC gets eaten by the SEC and falls into the AAC. We will still have the Big 2 and the Little 2, then the G5.

Last edited:
Reactions: columbiadawg2

patdog

May 28, 2007
Supposedly if 8 ACC schools vote to dissolve the conference, they could skate on any exit fees.
Good luck finding 8 yes votes on that question. Only about 4 max would be able to make as much on their own as they're making now.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not disagreeing but in the grand scheme of things 50 million is not that much anymore in college football.
That's a $52M exit fee plus your broadcasting rights revenue is still owned by the ACC through 2035. So you couldn't participate in the TV contract of your new league until then.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That's a $52M exit fee plus your broadcasting rights revenue is still owned by the ACC through 2035. So you couldn't participate in the TV contract of your new league until then.
Then that is a lot

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So if all this goes down, what happens to the Pac-6 (Washington, Wazzou, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford and Cal) until the B1G comes calling? Do they just stay together? Join/merge with the Mountain West temporarily?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So if all this goes down, what happens to the Pac-6 (Washington, Wazzou, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford and Cal) until the B1G comes calling? Do they just stay together? Join/merge with the Mountain West temporarily?
Four invites:
San Diego State
SMU
Gonzaga - yeah no football team but they'll strengthen basketball
UNLV

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Somebody is about to get screwed eventually. I think Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal eventually make it to the B1G. I think the Arizona schools are who get the first big screw job of this transition. I guess it'll depend on if the B1G would forfeit one of Stanford or Cal for the Phoenix market. I don't think they will, because they are arrogant like that.

So if I'm Arizona and Arizona State, I'm absolutely going Big 12 at this point. Utah should as well, but I don't know about the humble pie they'll have to eat being alongside BYU, but we all know that's been a rivalry forever.

Second big screw job happens to Oregon State and Washington State. They are probably headed Mountain West, but that's a sneaky good conference. But then the Big 12 will expand and try to get to 20 too and raid it.

On the other side of the country, ten years later, the ACC gets eaten by the SEC and falls into the AAC. We will still have the Big 2 and the Little 2, then the G5.
I 100% agree we'll eventually have the Big 2, Little 2 and G5 (or however many leagues are FBS level by then). I think OSU and WSU get the big screw job as well. Neither the Big 12 or B1G will take them. I think BYU fights like hell to make sure Utah is told to kick rocks and they get screwed as well.

Should be a really interesting few days/weeks here soon.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
that is one way to lock it down, and keep in mind that SEC teams are getting around $45M for the SEC Network and then bowl payout sharing from the SEC.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Colorado will lose handily in the PAC 12 this year. Hope and promise as they enter the Big 12 next year and win the conference

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login