Coming to an Apple device near you....

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Interesting.

- How will those out in the sticks without solid internet be served?...there is mention of Apple getting to provide it thru sat too for those. Is it just geographic specific or will people in town still be able to claim the need for watching via sat?
- Will they split out subscriptions so someone can select just 1 team for a discount? Offer half off, but only access to 1 team. Would that pick up more than enough viewers to offset the reduced rate?
- It certainly pushes some more people into the cord cutting era. Those who held off simply because if the Ticket are now free to explore full streaming.
- I cant wait to see how much a full Ticket will cost compared to DTV's rate this fall.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Interesting.

- How will those out in the sticks without solid internet be served?...there is mention of Apple getting to provide it thru sat too for those. Is it just geographic specific or will people in town still be able to claim the need for watching via sat?
- Will they split out subscriptions so someone can select just 1 team for a discount? Offer half off, but only access to 1 team. Would that pick up more than enough viewers to offset the reduced rate?
- It certainly pushes some more people into the cord cutting era. Those who held off simply because if the Ticket are now free to explore full streaming.
- I cant wait to see how much a full Ticket will cost compared to DTV's rate this fall.

I really hope they do this similar to MLB and allow you to pick access to 1 team.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Directv was fine until Att bought them. I always had great support and customer service but once they bought them it became a cluster17. And heaven forbid you have separate accounts for your internet and tv. Last week I called the Directv toll free number because I needed to update my credit card on file (because their piece of **** website kept crashing) and I give them my DTV account number and he starts looking at my home internet billing. It took me five minutes to explain to “David” that he was looking at the wrong account.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
She Mate Me said:
I've very rarely come across a company that gave less of a **** about their customers than DirecTV. Good riddance when it happens.
Until you cancel and then they will call you more than that crazy middle school girlfriend back in the day.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Honestly there’s just a handful of large companies now that have decent customer service. It’s quite pathetic.

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
17 em. One of my happiest days was when I discontinued my service with them.

I was plotting my exit the day they announced they were part of AT&T. There is no company on Earth I hate more than AT&T. Switched to YouTube TV and a handful of other streaming services and have few complaints. Someone mentioned internet, by the time this rolls around Starlink should be pretty well deployed so you will be able to get pretty good internet anywhere.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Was going to mention the same thing. I argued for easily 10 years that there was no beating DirectTV from a content/price/service standpoint. I was able to call them every year when my current discounts ran out, and they’d come up with a plan to make everything work for me.

Then ATT bought them, and everything changed overnight. Frankly, I’m a little surprised that they’ve even managed to stay in business considering how poorly it has been run

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's why you always go online and change your contact number (BEFORE you cancel) to that annoying neighbor that complains about your dog barking, kids on their lawn, etc, etc, etc

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login