CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer is a joke.

patdog

May 28, 2007
US 3rd string players, most of which I’ve never heard of (and I follow this ****), is playing something called St Kitts & Nevis. US is up 3-0 after 16 minutes.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
In cricket, all those tiny Caribbean islands form a single "national" team that is competitive. They should do that in soccer too. The combined population would still just be less than most US states.

They've won the Cricket World Cup twice and also the T20 World Cup twice. They comprise 10 independent countries and several more territories, but still smaller in population than any other prominent cricket team (other than New Zealand maybe?)

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
US 3rd string players, most of which I’ve never heard of (and I follow this ****), is playing something called St Kitts & Nevis. US is up 3-0 after 16 minutes.
A good crowd at Davis Wade Stadium is more people than the entire country of St. Kitts and Nevis (population 50,000).

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

swagdog

Jun 29, 2023
In cricket, all those tiny Caribbean islands form a single "national" team that is competitive. They should do that in soccer too. The combined population would still just be less than most US states.

They've won the Cricket World Cup twice and also the T20 World Cup twice. They comprise 10 independent countries and several more territories, but still smaller in population than any other prominent cricket team (other than New Zealand maybe?)
Won't happen. Not only would Jamaica make up every single roster spot but Concacaf would be electing to dilute its FIFA voting bloc. It's in the US's benefit to have as many micro nations with full voting privileges as possible voting in favor of the US... which generally is what happens.

I'm fine with this, tbh. Part of soccer's charm is how goofy it is. Liverpool, a powerhouse worth $4.2B USD, has to play in a Slovakian stadium with an active railroad that runs through it in the Europa this year.

TJ Tatran Cierny Balog Stadium, Slovakia

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
It's pretty much our U-20 team and some of them looked pretty good against something called St Kitts and Nevis. Hopefully they can do that against people that actually play soccer for a living too lol

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login