Conference Championship weekend looking good...

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Conference title games start tonight. C-USA and PAC-12 title games are on this evening. UTSA vs Western Kentucky should be a good one. I like UTSA but WKU’s quarterback has thrown for almost 5,000 yards. Should be close. I think Utah puts a boot in Oregon’s *** again. I don’t see any reason to think the outcome will be any different 2 weeks later.

I think Georgia’s defensive front shuts down Alabama. Wake Forest and Pitt should be a high-scoring game. Michigan SHOULD handle Iowa but it would be the most Harbaugh thing ever to lose that game. Cincy and Houston should be a good game. Oklahoma State and Baylor looks good. I used to hate championship weekend, but there are 4-5 games that have a direct effect on the final 4 of the CFP.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I really hope the chalk holds. I'd love to see Georgia/Michigan/Oklahoma State/Cincinnati in the playoff. But yeah, somebody's getting beat. I wouldn't mind Notre Dame sliding into the playoffs too, just to see the drama there. Anybody but Alabama, really.

Georgia vs. Cincinnati, Michigan vs. Notre Dame in the playoff semi's? Yes, please. But I do have a soft spot for the Pokes. Would like to see them stick it to OU.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I would not be surprised in the least if Alabama beats Georgia.

Georgia is the better team and should win. But historically under Smart they have a clunker or two, and they tighten up in big games.

Alabama has struggled at times but they have the horses to get it done.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I would not be surprised in the least if Alabama beats Georgia.

Georgia is the better team and should win. But historically under Smart they have a clunker or two, and they tighten up in big games.

Alabama has struggled at times but they have the horses to get it done.

Totally agree. Alabama has problems with youth and inexperience (particularly on the OL)….not talent. You see them have stretches where the offense struggles, but then you all the sudden see it click for them and it’s just like the Alabama of old. Against us and OM, they were that good for all 4 quarters….they straight up beat our *** worse than just about any Alabama team ever has at DWS, and our team was no slouch. Another example…the Tennessee game. They were struggling and only up by a TD and about to punt to UT early in the 4th. Dumb UT penalty gave them a free first down….they immediately hit a bomb TD, then scored 3 more times in that quarter. It can suddenly start clicking for them that quickly.

If they come out against UGA like they did against us and OM and the 4th quarter against UT, they will easily win by double digits. Only question is if they will or not.

Last edited:

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Alabama overall is just as talented as Georgia, maybe more. But Bama’s OL has struggled at times, and Georgia’s front 7 is elite. If they win, it’ll be because Bama’s OL played a little above their heads. It would surprise, but not shock me, if Bama won.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
UGA is due a clunker. Bama has the players. It will be interesting to see what kind of game plans Golding and, especially, O'Brien come up with.

If they don't make it really damn competitive, Saban will have new coordinators next year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login