Confrontation with the whistler

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
For the life of me, I will never understand why folks would be intentionally confrontational for a video clip. It's one thing if his buddy filmed him with his phone from their seats. But to have a camera guy running behind you like that is just so cringe. It's so childish.

I also don't get the reaction videos. The gender reveals... the "here's a gift"... why the 17 do you think we care how you react to something?

Now get off my lawn.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Well that was ineffective, meaningless and opportunitic for self promotion of his blog.

Somone needs to find a popular musician that he respects and admires and have them tell him publicly he is ruining the game experience for all fans in the stands, on TV and on radio, and that he is disappointed in him. And if he agrees to stop he can get free tickets to his next concert. He thrives off the rival hate. Gotta hit him in his pride belly and have him feel it and hear it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Minzy is a Barstool employee with BFW. Not only was he doing gods work, he was creating content for whatever podcast he has.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
He did that only for the exposure with the stoolie crowd. He wishes he was half the man Brandon F'n Walker is.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Anyone that says the OM guy is a moron, is right.
Anyone that says the Vandy whistler sucks, is right.

Both can exist. What was really unfortunate to see was how quickly the Fbombs dropped, and thats coming from me who swears so frequently that I sometimes use 17 in place of 'um'.
Public places arent where grown men should have verbal swear fights. That is whats most pathetic about the video.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Just wanted to point out that I was rooting for the whistler here. I thought it was funny when he pointed at the scoreboard.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
I always liked Mintz. He had a radio show here in Shreveport for a few years and wasn’t a complete ole miss homer. I think it’s great what he did. 17 ole miss, but just maybe, 17 the Whistler more.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The thing I’m most in awe of is how that guys shorts stay up. Seriously, how does one keep their pants on with that body type without using suspenders?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Anyone that says the OM guy is a moron, is right.
Anyone that says the Vandy whistler sucks, is right.

Both can exist. What was really unfortunate to see was how quickly the Fbombs dropped, and thats coming from me who swears so frequently that I sometimes use 17 in place of 'um'.
Public places arent where grown men should have verbal swear fights. That is whats most pathetic about the video.

30 years ago when I was in my 30's you would not hear either the tirade or the "look at me" whistles. You sure would have not heard a Fbomb shouting match around mixed company and they would have been shut down or encouraged to see their way out to fight outside.

No we weren't better people back then we just tried to have more respect for the other people around us then and not show our *** to everyone.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I saw him after game 1 in omaha last year. No profanity was used but I said something, and he responded w the same "what does the scoreboard say" tag line. Sounds like they rehearse it.
But this video is pretty pathetic, obvious attention grab and not well done.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
For the life of me, I will never understand why folks would be intentionally confrontational for a video clip. It's one thing if his buddy filmed him with his phone from their seats. But to have a camera guy running behind you like that is just so cringe. It's so childish.

I also don't get the reaction videos. The gender reveals... the "here's a gift"... why the 17 do you think we care how you react to something?

Now get off my lawn.

Minzy is a Barstool employee and is always looking to create content. Much of the Barstool stick is about creating conflict and one upping each other. This was nothing other than that, Portnoy (Barstool founder) paid for the trip and expected Minzy to produce content. The fact that the Whistler is universally hated certainly plays into Minzy's hands.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The thing I’m most in awe of is how that guys shorts stay up. Seriously, how does one keep their pants on with that body type without using suspenders?

Unfortunately I have experience with this. The skin around the upper waist has some kind of magnetic quality that will hold cloth. Excessive weight in the pockets or excessive moisture absorption in the shorts material nullifies all magnetic qualities.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
He sat across the isle 20 feet from us game 3.....

I saw the guy going into the stadium in Omaha for game 3. He was pretty much ignored. His whistling also was pretty much over by the 3rd inning too. The reaction from this inebriated mississippi shart fan is exactly what they want.

we sat same seats game 2 and game 3 of cws final, but vandy moved dugouts and most of their fans were next to us 3B line...all the folks sitting around us were same from night before so we kinda got to know each other....when my wife, kids, and myself sat down, i looked right and said "Oh My God".....unintentionally out loud.....folks thought i was having a heart attack.....when i pointed to the vandy whistler, my 10yo asked, is he famous? I laughed....

so my 10yo wanted a picture with him....went over to him and got a selfie with the guy....he was actually nice....we had him drowned out quickly....every time he whistled, it was LETS Go STATE.....View attachment 24494

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I don’t care who he works for he was a douche. Plus he is so fat and his arms so skinny he looks like a red and blue stick snowman. Dude needs to invest in his health and a gym membership

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
The Let’s Go State! was awesome.

Passed him in crowd after game 3. Was to excited to give a rip about him then.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login