Confusion on MSU Coaching Staff

Sep 16, 2023
Would it be too far fetched to assume that Brad Peterson is somehow directly involved with play calling/personnel decision? There has been a lot of murmurs amongst the SPS board and I am looking for some clarity as to the decision making that goes into our game schemes.

Sep 16, 2023
Is Peterson the guy with the binder looking at the statistics?
He's had a big say in some coaches hired and some players signed/committed and current players(NIL).
That’s what I was wondering. It does not seem like Arnett has final say in everything and was curious if there was another figure involved with decision making that we don’t see.

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
That’s what I was wondering. It does not seem like Arnett has final say in everything and was curious if there was another figure involved with decision making that we don’t see.
Most head coaches or experienced coordinators would refuse a situation like that because it’s their future on the line. Arnett is going to take the blame on all of these bad moves even though it was probably Peterson making them.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If Peterson is at all involved in game time decisions, then we are in trouble with the NCAA for using too many coaches.

I know Alabama has "analysts" on the sidelines who appear to be coaching and no one says anything. But we are MSU. We got in trouble when Jackie Sherrill talked to some kickers at practice when Mullen was HC.

Reactions: SylvesterCream4.0
Sep 16, 2023
If Peterson is at all involved in game time decisions, then we are in trouble with the NCAA for using too many coaches.

I know Alabama has "analysts" on the sidelines who appear to be coaching and no one says anything. But we are MSU. We got in trouble when Jackie Sherrill talked to some kickers at practice when Mullen was HC.
Was not aware of a limit on coaches. Seems to be a somewhat shadowy situation that is clouding the MSU program.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I believe that Arnett has said that Peterson is responsible for the analytics. If that's the case , he basically has the "book" that gives you numbers on certain situations like whether to go for it on 4th down, ways to attack certain defensive personnel, identifying trends etc. Which would make sense why he's seen talking to him so often.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

He's just the Trapper Keeper keeper.

Reactions: MSUDOG24
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login