Congrats to Coach Kirby

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
on his 4th SEC West title the past 6 years. Don't worry about that lack of postseason success, you're doing all you can under the tyrannical rule of average floor coach Rick Stansbury. It's a good thing we are paying you so much money, otherwise you'd probably be a head coach elsewhere. Keep up the good work Kirby. Maybe one day Stansbury will finally step down, allowing you to take over and lead us to 10 straight national titles. You'll then take your rightful place among the greatest to ever coach the game.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
We here at SixPackSpeak.com are actually big fans of Coach Kirby. He's a good coach, a good recruiter, and a good person (I've met him). However, due to our "friend" Coach34, he's the punching bag tonight. We still like him, though. It's not his fault Peaches has no life.

That is all.

Afro Dawg

Jan 23, 2007
is carved in stone beside the smiling visage of Stan Jones on Mount Coachmore.

Edited to add, I'm a huge Kirby fan.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
I really like Kirby and he is a huge asset to our program. Nothing I've said was meant to denigrate what he's done for us. But Peaches' refusal to give any credit to Rick for anything is just staggering. I still feel like he's either not actually a State fan, or he has just decided to play the jackass for fun. Nobody could seriously think some of the things he thinks and be a State fan.

patdog

May 28, 2007
In 12 years I've never once heard that Robert Kirby was the key to our 1996 Final Four run. Not once. In fact, I've never heard him mentioned as even being a factor in our Final Four run. But now I know the truth. Thanks to Coach, I now know that Robert Kirby single-handedly delivered a Final Four to MSU. And that, despite that fact, schools like Jackson State won't even hire him as head coach. Coach, you should have gotten the word about Kirby out sooner, so he could have gotten a much higher-paying job. The really incredible thing to me is that a guy who has such insight to see who the real key to MSU's Final Four season is selling condoms now instead of being the head of the consulting firm big-time schools hire to find head basketball coaches.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login