Convince me

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Why should hard working people put their money into NIL when we can't even field a team with our current budget and recruiting level to beat 17in Toledo? I know we have more stars across the board and a bigger athletic budget than them. No way in hell we should be getting the breaks beat off of us this bad by a team like Toledo. Someone should remind lebby and Selmon we are a damn SEC program. Tell me how do you convince people to put in money to try to compete with Kentucky USC East Ark if we can't even take what we have and beat 17ing Toledo. Got a walk before we run snd we can't even damn walk

Last edited:

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Could it be the wrong guy is at the helm? He had a chance as a brand new head coach to go out and surround himself with an experienced staff, and he got his buddies instead of looking for maybe someone with head coaching experience (or any significant experience) to help guide him. Also he isn't Kiffin 2.0 when will we have a head coach instead of a coordinator that wants to call offensive plays but get the title of head coach with the pay?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Much less how are you gonna convince anyone to transfer and come play for you if you are getting beat by 35 by Toledo? If I was a good running back elsewhere why would I want to come to msu when the coach can't coach up his guys to beat a team they should beat on talent and money alone. We looked like a bunch of nobody's that couldn't make a college team

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
We are a development program trying to compete in a plug and play world. Some programs can do it. We obviously can't and the attempt to do it seems to be counterproductive. I don't know if there is a solution as long as the ncaa allows transfers with no penalty.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Why should hard working people put their money into NIL when we can't even field a team with our current budget and recruiting level to beat 17in Toledo? I know we have more stars across the board and a bigger athletic budget than them. No way in hell we should be getting the breaks beat off of us this bad by a team like Toledo. Someone should remind lebby and Selmon we are a damn SEC program. Tell me how do you convince people to put in money to try to compete with Kentucky USC East Ark if we can't even take what we have and beat 17ing Toledo. Got a walk before we run snd we can't even damn walk
Toledo has had their coach for 10 years and has an overly experienced team this season. We have nothing of the sort on any level right now.

We have a never-has-been HC who tried to buy a roster after being on campus for only a few months. We lost everybody from an underachieving team last year, and the recruiting class Arnett salvaged isn’t ready to take over.

Point me to anybody else in FBS that’s as 17’d as we let ourselves get. And I’ll give you a hint: it’s just us. Nobody has had their president 17 up the whole kit and kaboodle like we have.

Not giving to BI is the best way to make sure we never recover, too. Don’t give to the school or AD, as I sure wouldn’t. But, as things work today, holding back money from the BI only helps nail our coffin shut.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
If I were a mid tier DL I would consider State because I could be the best player on the team. I never made it to starting in high school and now at 46, I could out play these scrubs.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Toledo has had their coach for 10 years and has an overly experienced team this season. We have nothing of the sort on any level right now.

We have a never-has-been HC who tried to buy a roster after being on campus for only a few months. We lost everybody from an underachieving team last year, and the recruiting class Arnett salvaged isn’t ready to take over.

Point me to anybody else in FBS that’s as 17’d as we let ourselves get. And I’ll give you a hint: it’s just us. Nobody has had their president 17 up the whole kit and kaboodle like we have.

Not giving to BI is the best way to make sure we never recover, too. Don’t give to the school or AD, as I sure wouldn’t. But, as things work today, holding back money from the BI only helps nail our coffin shut.
Nail it then, why should we give our hard earn dollars when our leadership obviously doesn’t care.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
This program is donezo. I’m not sure how it comes back.
Selmon and Lebby need to explain to fans how their money is being spent. To lose by this much at home to Toledo is an embarrassment. It's one thing to lose a close game but to be blown out by a MAC school should never happen to an SEC school that recruits 30s and above most of the time. We have facilities, we have the recruiting hot bed, we supposedly have money. Just need coaches to put things in order. Sure we need more horses and better ones but that was to be more competitive in the sec not to avoid getting skulldrug by Mac schools

Reactions: MSUDOG24
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login