Cooper Flagg gives Nike and Adidas the 🖕 and chooses New Balance

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
An actual NIL deal. Not that slush fund collective nonsense. Get that bag, young man.

Reactions: onewoof

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
What are thoossseee???
dad lol GIF

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Terrible shoe. Smart play though.
If he pans out Nike coming with the big bag next time.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
It's strange how brands can go in and out of fashion. Champion is another brand that has somehow revived itself.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Terrible shoe. Smart play though.
If he pans out Nike coming with the big bag next time.
The NB FreshFoam v1 and TwoWxy v4 are pretty solid all around shoes. They are both torsionally solid, wear slowly, and have good lock down. They arent overly plush feeling and dont vent well, but they have good cushion and also arent overly hot.

Are you referring to a different NB shoe? I really dont know anything about their basketball shoes, other than the 2 I mentioned.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
The NB FreshFoam v1 and TwoWxy v4 are pretty solid all around shoes. They are both torsionally solid, wear slowly, and have good lock down. They arent overly plush feeling and dont vent well, but they have good cushion and also arent overly hot.

Are you referring to a different NB shoe? I really dont know anything about their basketball shoes, other than the 2 I mentioned.
No

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
1. I've seen him play in person (twice). He's the best high school player I've ever seen. He will be a lock for the #1 pick.
2. You guys making fun of New Balance obviously do not have teenage sons. My son is a sneaker head and has multiple pairs of New Balance. Tons of YouTube influencers are aligned with New Balance as well.
3. The 990 is the GOAT shoe. Worth every penny of that $200 price tag.

Reactions: onewoof

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I usually wear NB (not the old man version) because they always have wide sizes available for my duck feet. Fresh Foam Arishi for the win!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
New Balance is a better shoe than Nike or Adidas.
Brooks is even better.
Ecco is the best.
Nike is generally a **** shoe. The spend a lot of money paying athletes to endorse them, lots of money on marketing, and a little money on some 5 to 10 year olds to manufacture them in a handful of countries in asia.

I assume some of their high end stuff is good? But the normal $80 to $150 type shoes and cleats seem to be garbage.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login