Coral Cables regional

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Anyone else hoping Ole Miss holds on and beats Miami and wins the regional? A loss in a Super in Hattiesburg or Baton Rouge would make things interesting.

I'm told that if their season ends in Coral Cables Bianco is definitely gone. If it ends in Omaha he definitely survives. The season ending in Hattiesburg or Baton Rouge would be max drama.

Ole Miss losing is also an acceptable outcome. Maybe start 2-0 and then get beat twice?

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
You serious Clark? I don’t want UM to win in anything EVER!!!!!! Especially a regional. I do want em to keep Bianco though.

Paperdog

Aug 24, 2012
He is going to be retained

Apparently they are headed to a Super Regional ... Neither Miami nor Arizona have shown me anything that tells me they will beat them twice

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Here’s a gut wrenching senario-Arizona beats Miami, then goes on to beat the Landsharkbears two in a row (again). I could rest easy the remainder of the summer.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I know Miami is a good team or else they wouldn’t have won the ACC, but they’ve been super underwhelming this weekend. Struggled with Canisius and then got dominated by a not great pitching staff today. They may rally and beat Ole Miss twice tomorrow but they’ve got a ton of work to do now.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
The most interesting outcome for this regional pairing would be Arizona in Baton Rouge for the Super.

Awkward...

Nov 29, 2017
Anyone else hoping Ole Miss holds on and beats Miami and wins the regional? A loss in a Super in Hattiesburg or Baton Rouge would make things interesting.

I'm told that if their season ends in Coral Cables Bianco is definitely gone. If it ends in Omaha he definitely survives. The season ending in Hattiesburg or Baton Rouge would be max drama.

Ole Miss losing is also an acceptable outcome. Maybe start 2-0 and then get beat twice?

I want them to lose every game in every sport they play. 17 em.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Bianco be damned I'll never root for them to win at anything. Rooting for the buzzards since the wife is an alum. Next wish would be Arizona over LSU in supers just so Berry and Johnson and the other 12 former Zona players can sit and stew over why they left.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Circumstances I will pull for Mississippi:
1. We need UM to win for MSU to win a championship.

So, no. I’m not pulling for an all-Mississippi regional.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Game 6 delayed.

Interesting scenarios:
-If Game 6 is not played due to weather: Ole Miss advances (only team without a loss)
-If Arizona wins Game 6 and Game 7 is not played due to weather: Arizona advances (highest remaining seed)

Does Ole Miss fire Bianco in that second scenario? And the Fire Bianco crowd would definitely want to factor in the first scenario if Ole Miss loses in a Super after advancing due to weather.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think this happened a year or two ago and they gave the teams until Wednesday to get the games in. I'm sure it won't happen, but to make the hypothetical even more interesting, what if game 6 is suspended after 5+ innings but before completion with Arizona leading? Who goes to the super? Is game 6 declared an official game so Arizona goes, or is it an uncompleted game and Mississippi goes because they're the only undefeated team in the regional?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login