Cord cutting question

Nov 29, 2017
I recently just canceled Xfinity. Those 17’s wanted 237 a month for tv and internet. I’m trying out YouTube tv, and I like it so far but I’m worried about going over my data. I have 1229 gigs per month. For those that stream, do you think that’s enough data?

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
I recently just canceled Xfinity. Those 17’s wanted 237 a month for tv and internet. I’m trying out YouTube tv, and I like it so far but I’m worried about going over my data. I have 1229 gigs per month. For those that stream, do you think that’s enough data?
You’ll probably be fine. Does your isp charge an overage fee or do they throttle your speed if you go over your data limit?

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
That depends on how much you stream and how many users you have, but 1,229 gigs per month should be more than enough unless you have more than like 7 people in the house

Nov 29, 2017
You’ll probably be fine. Does your isp charge an overage fee or do they throttle your speed if you go over your data limit?
They charge like 10 dollars if you go over and give you an additional 50 gigs I believe. Xfinity is the only cable I can get in my neighborhood. They are the worst.

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
They charge like 10 dollars if you go over and give you an additional 50 gigs I believe. Xfinity is the only cable I can get in my neighborhood. They are the worst.
Agreed, they are. I ditched them for YouTube tv several years ago and stream everything now.

Just keep an eye on your data usage for the rest of the month and use that as a guide for what your monthly average will look like. I think you’ll be fine unless you have a lot of people in your household streaming constantly.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
When I had Xfinity, I didn't have any issues staying under the 1.2 TB limit (but got close a couple of times). Worst case, pay the $30 or so extra a month to get uncapped internet.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’m thinking about sort of going the opposite way from Hulu to Dish Network. Anybody have any thoughts on Dish?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Should be plenty unless you have several people streaming a lot during the day. I used about 1/2 of 1.2 gigs when I had Xfinity. I now have Emepa Fibre and it's unlimited. Cost a tad more than Xfinity but I won't have to talk to a foreigner when reporting a tech issue. So far no tech issues.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I’m thinking about sort of going the opposite way from Hulu to Dish Network. Anybody have any thoughts on Dish?
I had a helluva time getting my parents extricated from Dish. My only advice: don’t go down that road.

was21

May 29, 2007
I live in Pearl River County. I have YouTube TV and I love it. I cut AT&T DirectV some months back and have not missed it at all. Don't you have access to Coast Connect internet?

Nov 29, 2017
I live in Pearl River County. I have YouTube TV and I love it. I cut AT&T DirectV some months back and have not missed it at all. Don't you have access to Coast Connect internet?
I’m from Pearl River County but I live in Mobile these days. Xfinity has a monopoly on my neighborhood. This is the only cable we can currently get.

Reactions: was21

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Unless you are wanting Dish for camping/Deercamp etc, avoid it at all costs. I assume you have good internet now since you have Hulu?
You can save money and get the same amount of channels using directv stream.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Who has limits on their data?

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Get internet without a limit. Done and Done.
You may want to look into Starlink.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Several years ago, my Xfinity bill was $60 per month for internet. Then one month it was a surprise $325. That was before I was on an unlimited plan. I got on an unlimited plan and didn't have any more surprises, but I switched to CSpire Fibre as soon as I had the opportunity and it's been great.

wjr13

Oct 5, 2022
I just got rid of Dish because of their crazy price increase. We switched to YouTube TV and saved about $70.00 per month.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I just got rid of Dish because of their crazy price increase. We switched to YouTube TV and saved about $70.00 per month.
Dish sent me an offer with a price guarantee for 3 years and a $500 Visa card. The package I was considering was more than I pay for Hulu currently but the Visa card would offset it. Hulu has been steadily increasing an I’m. It particularly fond of their disney ownership so was thinking about switching.

Reactions: wjr13
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login