Corndogs are Back............

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....in a major way. The way they're pulling in portal replacements, a trip to Omaha should just about be on their schedule EVERY year.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Club sport and now what matters is who wins the NEXT natty.

LSU was 1 play away from their season ending in several games. It went their way this time good for them. It was only dominant in the final game tonight.

In the end it's good for college baseball and ESPN. You've got a few more casual clueless fans watching the game now. And more stadiums being updated.

Maybe this time we will take it seriously when we could sign a pitcher that wins 10 more games for us. It really comes down to that. We do ok everywhere else. And yes whoever let a signee like Skenes get away deserves to be fired.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

LSU was 1 play away from their season ending in several games. It went their way this time good for them. It was only dominant in the final game tonight.

In the end it's good for college baseball and ESPN. You've got a few more casual clueless fans watching the game now. And more stadiums being updated.

Maybe this time we will take it seriously when we could sign a pitcher that wins 10 more games for us. It really comes down to that. We do ok everywhere else. And yes whoever let a signee like Skenes get away deserves to be fired.
You were right up to the last sentence.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

blacklistedbully 2

Oct 14, 2020
In the end it's good for college baseball and ESPN.

Couldn't disagree more. Now what matters is which school's donors are willing & able to spend more than the vast majority of other schools.

In the end it's semi-professional baseball that will appeal only to fans of the few teams that have donors willing to buy a real shot at a NC. Soon enough overall interest in college baseball will nose-dive, ESPN will stop caring because Pickleball & Cornhole will have larger audiences.

What I am hoping for is for Ivy League school's donors to step up and buy rosters & eventually move up to D1 & win NC's in major sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: LimaoCabeca

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
But we were told a few days ago by a Sixpacker (can’t remember who) that LSU wasn’t that good this year. They lost twice to us after all. Once again, all knowing Sixpack knowledge.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
But we were told a few days ago by a Sixpacker (can’t remember who) that LSU wasn’t that good this year. They lost twice to us after all. Once again, all knowing Sixpack knowledge.
It was probably me. Try and find out, will ya?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
LSU was down in 2021 and middle of the pack in 2022, and then with several portal additions they had a chance for this year to get it and had a few things go their way to get there.

Based on talent the clear underachiever is still Tenn by a long shot.

Ddog

May 24, 2023

Paul Skenes was never coming to MSU…never.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
LSU was down in 2021 and middle of the pack in 2022, and then with several portal additions they had a chance for this year to get it and had a few things go their way to get there.

Based on talent the clear underachiever is still Tenn by a long shot.
My concern here is that we all said this about UGA football for years. If they keep recruiting and spending money like they have been, the chips will fall into place eventually

LSU and UF eventually climbing their way out of mediocrity was to be expected, but when the rest of these SEC clubs decided to start taking baseball seriously while we sat on our thumbs for 2 years(make that 3), we made our bed. We’ve got a huge problem with MS baseball right now, and we just signed up for another year of it

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
My concern here is that we all said this about UGA football for years. If they keep recruiting and spending money like they have been, the chips will fall into place eventually

LSU and UF eventually climbing their way out of mediocrity was to be expected, but when the rest of these SEC clubs decided to start taking baseball seriously while we sat on our thumbs for 2 years(make that 3), we made our bed. We’ve got a huge problem with MS baseball right now, and we just signed up for another year of it
...Like Bama.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Fart.

This is such an overrated doomsday forecast. Folks have been saying that the rest of the SEC was going to "invest in baseball" for 20 years. You can't just snap your fingers and create an improved program. And anybody can get lucky with a good coach at any time, it's luck of the draw.

And the last 2 years really don't have much to do with any of it, other than the fact that we aren't adding to our own Omaha appearance list or what not. The SEC hierarchy is still the same, I generally use it by Omaha appearances and then weight a title as 3 Omaha appearances. Florida inched ahead of us this year, and we have separated some from Arkansas:

1) LSU - 33
2) Florida - 15
3) South Carolina - 15
4) Mississippi State - 14
5) Arkansas - 11
6) Vanderbilt - 9
7) Georgia - 8
8) Ole Miss - 8
9) Missouri - 8
10) Texas A&M - 7
11) Auburn - 6
12) Tennessee - 6
13) Alabama - 5
14) Kentucky - 0

We need to worry about ourselves, rather than worrying about other programs 'investing'.

Reactions: onewoof

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Fart.

This is such an overrated doomsday forecast. Folks have been saying that the rest of the SEC was going to "invest in baseball" for 20 years. You can't just snap your fingers and create an improved program. And anybody can get lucky with a good coach at any time, it's luck of the draw.

And the last 2 years really don't have much to do with any of it, other than the fact that we aren't adding to our own Omaha appearance list or what not. The SEC hierarchy is still the same, I generally use it by Omaha appearances and then weight a title as 3 Omaha appearances. Florida inched ahead of us this year, and we have separated some from Arkansas:

1) LSU - 33
2) Florida - 15
3) South Carolina - 15
4) Mississippi State - 14
5) Arkansas - 11
6) Vanderbilt - 9
7) Georgia - 8
8) Ole Miss - 8
9) Missouri - 8
10) Texas A&M - 7
11) Auburn - 6
12) Tennessee - 6
13) Alabama - 5
14) Kentucky - 0

We need to worry about ourselves, rather than worrying about other programs 'investing'.
If your argument is that fans shouldn’t be concerned about the glory days of MSU baseball being over, I wholeheartedly agree.

If your argument is that we can get there by maintaining the status quo from the last two seasons, I completely disagree, and I refuse to believe that a pitching coach was this program’s only problem

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If your argument is that fans shouldn’t be concerned about the glory days of MSU baseball being over, I wholeheartedly agree.

If your argument is that we can get there by maintaining the status quo from the last two seasons, I completely disagree, and I refuse to believe that a pitching coach was this program’s only problem
It is 100% clear that pitching was by far our biggest problem this season and last. It's not even close. We were good enough to win every non-SEC game easily but were not ready to pitch in the SEC for this season.

Baseball will be one of those sports where a team will be really good for a year and then drop off for a while. However, look at the run we had recently of getting to Omaha. It's only been recent that we tanked.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It is 100% clear that pitching was by far our biggest problem this season and last. It's not even close. We were good enough to win every non-SEC game easily but were not ready to pitch in the SEC for this season.

Baseball will be one of those sports where a team will be really good for a year and then drop off for a while. However, look at the run we had recently of getting to Omaha. It's only been recent that we tanked.
It is 100% clear that pitching was a major problem. It was not "by far" our biggest problem, though. It was just one of many

1687886102204.png
1687886128898.png
1687886200125.png
1687886239020.png

Attachments

• 1687886176887.png
    1687886176887.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 1

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It is 100% clear that pitching was a major problem. It was not "by far" our biggest problem, though. It was just one of many

View attachment 358564
View attachment 358565
View attachment 358568
View attachment 358569
Those stats include all games so the hitting and total bases aren't a good comparison when LSU & Florida have almost 20 more games than we do.

More honest comparison would be SEC only stats.
Hits ranges from 230 (Missouri) to 284 (LSU). We had 262.
Total bases ranges from 417 (Arkansas) to 521 (LSU). We had 479.
Runs ranges from 151 (Ole Miss) to 236 (LSU). We had 182

Just from stats in SEC games our offense wasn't far behind Florida. They were a little better at moving runners around and scoring, but everything else looks very similar.

• Haha
Reactions: NemoOutis

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Those stats include all games so the hitting and total bases aren't a good comparison when LSU & Florida have almost 20 more games than we do.

More honest comparison would be SEC only stats.
Hits ranges from 230 (Missouri) to 284 (LSU). We had 262.
Total bases ranges from 417 (Arkansas) to 521 (LSU). We had 479.
Runs ranges from 151 (Ole Miss) to 236 (LSU). We had 182

Just from stats in SEC games our offense wasn't far behind Florida. They were a little better at moving runners around and scoring, but everything else looks very similar.
We also didn't get to bat against our awful pitching so every team we played has somewhat of a leg up on us there lol

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You see it like I do I know you do - when pitching isnt there the players phone it in, just like LSU did game 2

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login