Cotton District

JDuck17

Sep 12, 2012
There are so many alums staying in the CD, seems like there is an opportunity for some entrepreneurial person to have a to-go biscuit and coffee truck or stand. I’d selfishly like for it to be in the Coconuts lot. Blutos breakfast is good. But a place to walk over and grab a sack of breakfast wld be nice. Lots of good things happening in town. Beautiful weekend. JM.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
There was a place in Starkville called the biscuit shop, run by a woman they called the biscuit lady. She moved her operations to the Tuscaloosa, AL area. I can attest that her biscuits were incredible.

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
There was a place in Starkville called the biscuit shop, run by a woman they called the biscuit lady. She moved her operations to the Tuscaloosa, AL area. I can attest that her biscuits were incredible.
I forgot all about that place. It was very good

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Starkville needs breakfast places in general. When does 929 reopen?
This is true. We lived within walking distance of Starkville Cafe, and it was a weekend tradition no matter the season.

Set up a biscuit booth, a la the state fair. One free biscuit per drink (coffee, water, mimosa, etc) Then let the folks know they’re hungry and migrate to the main courses in a permanent fixture. Or maybe a food truck park, which are always fun.

People that will pay the 3-night minimum in Starkville could swing it.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Concur, I'll invest.
Dumbest of questions on that...we have a restaurant on the other end of the Plaza owned by 4, run by 1. How does investment work? You get full payout by ___, you get dividend on some schedule ?

As to a food truck, doesn't seem like much of an investment opportunity for more than 1 or 2, no?

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It's amazing how many fans of other teams like the Starkville Cafe. We ate there after the EKU game, don't remember what time we got there.
Well....I could be considered one, since we come to town once per football season, if that. The biscuit place was the first consideration. Outside of that...starkville Cafe has a monopoly in the search engines.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login