Could it be Tyson Helton?

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Or get fired at State and coach basketball there. But they do make the Corvettes there. And Dr Z came from there.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I doubt many would leave a decent G5 HC job to take an OC position at a middling program, even if their salary is doubled.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I doubt many would leave a decent G5 HC job to take an OC position at a middling program, even if their salary is doubled.
Oh okay, so you’re saying they would turn down a job where they would make in 1yr what it would take them to make at their current job in 3yrs. They should fire their financial advisor. How stupid.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Then again I guess you could point to Dan Mullen as an example of how leaving a job where you were loved and secure for a little bit more money per year can cost you millions of dollars in the long run.

Reactions: drumrcraig

was21

May 29, 2007
What if the coach is coaching Monday night
Either that or maybe coaching tomorrow: North Dakota State or South Dakota State. A pretty good coach left one of those for Kansas State a few years ago.

Reactions: onewoof

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Oh okay, so you’re saying they would turn down a job where they would make in 1yr what it would take them to make at their current job in 3yrs. They should fire their financial advisor. How stupid.
Does taking the OC job at MSU give them better traction to get a P5 HC job (which is likely their goal)? Better to win big at their current job to take an OC job at MSU (Bama, UGA, TOSU, may make sense). Understand I wrote leave a decent G5 job (not FIU).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login