Could or will Ole Miss receive a fine for throwing trash and chairs?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
homer simpson crying GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Oct 31, 2014
Tennessee got hit with $250K by the SEC after throwing things on the field during Mississippi game last year.

Not that I'm saying that the SEC is at all consistent in its decisions.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Wasn't there a chair fight originally why they created the Golden Egg?

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I miss the “old days” of the Battle For the Golden Egg. I remember as a young boy seeing grown men duking it out in the stands back in those days. There were people fighting all over the place-falling down and rolling over the seats. These weren’t “chicken fights”. These were grown men standing toe to toe and throwing haymakers. Blood flying and ****. Teeth knocked out. The real deal-and nobody tried to break it up. To a young boy it was pretty cool to see. Now the best thing we get is people throwing bottles and chairs…we’ve become far too civilized as a society***

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I miss the “old days” of the Battle For the Golden Egg. I remember as a young boy seeing grown men duking it out in the stands back in those days. There were people fighting all over the place-falling down and rolling over the seats. These weren’t “chicken fights”. These were grown men standing toe to toe and throwing haymakers. Blood flying and ****. Teeth knocked out. The real deal-and nobody tried to break it up. To a young boy it was pretty cool to see. Now the best thing we get is people throwing bottles and chairs…we’ve become far too civilized as a society***
This is a pretty silly take. You think it's cool for grown men to knock each other's teeth out in front of children over a football game? That's pure dipshittery.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I saw a dude get cracked by a cow bell in ‘12.

Edit: It couldn’t have been ‘12 cuz it was at home. It may have been ‘11 or ‘13. It was before the north end was enclosed. It happened at the top of those old student bleachers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I saw a dude get cracked by a cow bell in ‘12.
This reminds me of a story my Dad told when he was a student at STATE. We have the honor of being the first SEC team to lose to Memphis State and my Dad was at the game and their fans stormed our field in attempt to tear down the goal posts but STATE Fans armed with cowbells didn't allow that to happen. About 8 or so Memphis State Fans were rushed to and spent the night at the Oktibbeha County Hospital with Cowbell Wounds. But Hey, at least our Goal Posts Remained INTACT! No?

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
This is a pretty silly take. You think it's cool for grown men to knock each other's teeth out in front of children over a football game? That's pure dipshittery.
Like it or not, this is the way it was for years. It was ugly, and actually funny with the way people just laughed about it and went on their way. No big deal, it was just the way men behaved during and after the game. Now we cry about bottles and chairs being thrown on the field. Carry on, Mr. Dipshit….

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login