Could the OL issues be contributed to having

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
They also have several O lineman,playing out of position, Will Friend is bad.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I brought that up when they first hired Schmidt and Friend and was assured by someone here that plenty of teams have 2 OL coaches. My thinking was if they are to work as one unit maybe one guy giving directions ?? But it is way different operation now. Miller never had the left guard pulling and going right or vice versa. Called double teams. A lot has changed. Same with QB and receivers. They don't run to green grass anymore. It's gonna take quite a while to get it all sorted out

Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They are use to operating alone on a island. They are having to work together, and they are having trouble in assignments who gets who. Also, in the spread the Defensive Ends have a longer way to run to get to the QB.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully they look better soon. Saturday they looked like a 300 pound circus clowns

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I remember Sherrill having 2 OL coaches one time and it didn’t work out well.
Yes, his last 2 years. It was disastrous. I thought he was crazy when he first said he was going to do it. Unfortunately, he confirmed my suspicion. Maybe it will work this time. ***

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
It's absolutely not because they have two coaches. It's that the two coaches aren't very good, the talent isn't very good, and they aren't adapting to the new scheme. I didn't think the adjustment would be as difficult as it has been, which makes me believe it's more on coaching and talent.
The starting 5 from left to right should be
Lewis, DB, Lasoya, K. Jones, Bell. The other two can give breathers when needed, but to me they are clearly the worst two over 3 games.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We're trying to force that square peg into that round hole that's a 1/10th the size. Massive mistake to do what we're attempting to do. Just another State coaching hire cluster 17.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
2 OL line coaches???
You know what they say, if you have 2 OL coaches, you have none. Or is that QBs? Either way, it works and explains a lot.
These guys need one cussing ******* in their ears telling them when to eat, sleep, ****, 17, talk, listen, block, and who to vote for.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I brought that up when they first hired Schmidt and Friend and was assured by someone here that plenty of teams have 2 OL coaches. My thinking was if they are to work as one unit maybe one guy giving directions ?? But it is way different operation now. Miller never had the left guard pulling and going right or vice versa. Called double teams. A lot has changed. Same with QB and receivers. They don't run to green grass anymore. It's gonna take quite a while to get it all sorted out
Rupert, we added totally different passing game. Bump stated that WRs have options on routed and they choose based on the coverage presented.

If they read it differently, it's going to be a busted play.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login