Country Music Hall of Fame new inductees...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Patty Loveless got some fairly recent attention for her show duets with Chris Stapleton...

Tanya Tucker was just 13 years old when she had her first hit...

Bob McDill wrote a lot of great songs.

Here are two:

My only thought is how is the Hall that far behind? I would've assumed that the two ladies would've long been in there. I also don't know the rules...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
My only thought is how is the Hall that far behind? I would've assumed that the two ladies would've long been in there. I also don't know the rules...
The Country Music Hall of Fame is intentionally exclusive.

Only one modern era performer (eligible 20 years after becoming notable), one veteran performer (eligible 40 years after being notable), and one other from a rotating pool of songwriters, musicians, and executives.

Joe Galante was inducted in 2022 as an executive and with McDill being inducted this year, a musician will be chosen in 2024.

Edit to add: The only times there are exceptions are when there are ties. Two musicians were inducted in 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
The Country Music Hall of Fame is intentionally exclusive.

Only one modern era performer (eligible 20 years after becoming notable), one veteran performer (eligible 40 years after being notable), and one other from a rotating pool of songwriters, musicians, and executives.

Joe Galante was inducted in 2022 as an executive and with McDill being inducted this year, a musician will be chosen in 2024.
Sap Arena GIF by Adler Mannheim

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I guess Jelly Roll will be waiting a while before he gets in**

Everybody waits.

Eddy Arnold was the youngest to be inducted when he was 48.

Johnny Cash was also 48 when he was inducted.

Jerry Lee Lewis was too ill to receive his hall of fame award in person last year. Kris Kristofferson traveled to Nesbit to give it to him less than a couple weeks before Jerry passed away.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Tanya Tucker wasn't already in?
Everybody waits.

Take a look at the then modern-era singers inducted beginning in '92 when Tanya Tucker first qualified. She wouldn't have beaten out any of them:

George JonesBuck OwensCharley PrideAlabamaEmmylou Harris
Willie NelsonBrenda LeeWaylon JenningsGlen CampbellBarbara Mandrell
Merle HaggardTammy WynettePorter WagonerGeorge StraitDon Williams
Roger MillerDolly PartonKris KristoffersonVince GillReba McEntire

Then she shifted to the veteran category in 2012 (40 years after achieving prominence). Her Grammy wins in 2020 (when Hank Jr. was named as the veteran singer honoree in the CMHOF) helped move her up the list.

Jean ShepardHank CochranJerry ReedHank Williams Jr.
Connie SmithJim Ed Brown & the BrownsDottie WestRay Charles
Bobby BareCharlie DanielsRay StevensJerry Lee Lewis

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Then she shifted to the veteran category in 2012 (40 years after achieving prominence). Her Grammy wins in 2020 (when Hank Jr. was named as the veteran singer honoree in the CMHOF) helped move her up the list.

Jean ShepardHank CochranJerry ReedHank Williams Jr.
Connie SmithJim Ed Brown & the BrownsDottie WestRay Charles
Bobby BareCharlie DanielsRay StevensJerry Lee Lewis

It warms my heart that Ray Stevens got in before Tanya Tucker.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login