Cowbell for my son.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I will have a child in February. Me and wife’s first. I would like to get him a unique cowbell to put in his room. Possibly have it engraved. Any suggestions?

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Congratulations! You could have a cowbell with a handle to represent each coach we've had. Sherrill is the first coach I remember, so I'd only go back to him. You could do a cutlass hilt for Leach, a championship ring for Moorhead, an athletic shoe for Mullen, a turd for Croom, bull testicles for Sherrill... actually, this may be a bad idea

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Congratulations! You could have a cowbell with a handle to represent each coach we've had. Sherrill is the first coach I remember, so I'd only go back to him. You could do a cutlass hilt for Leach, a championship ring for Moorhead, an athletic shoe for Mullen, a turd for Croom, bull testicles for Sherrill... actually, this may be a bad idea
If you go from Leach to Sherrill in that order, it becomes a Sunday Fourplay (or Fiveplay which my wife is also not in the mood for)-
More & More Likely Your Wife Will Divorce You for Using This as a Unique Cowbell Handle for Your Newborn’s First Bell

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
i have a battle bell, which i won in the SPS Pick Em a few years back. that thing is awesome. just don't ring it around the new baby. its the loudest bell i've ever been around. i love it!

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Can't believe I'm going to say this...but Battle Bells are almost too loud.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Bellsmith is another area cowbell maker. I think he is the one with contact to get a bell painted with a mural or something. I've seen several painted bells and they are beautiful, just not something that you would ring at games and beat the seat in front of you with.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Does anyone make "retro" bells? Something midsized with old logos? I assume there is a licensing issues there, but worth asking.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
There is a guy on ebay (atlantatony) who sells vintage stickers of very good quality. I have bought some to make some bells in the past. Just search for Mississippi State vintage decals. I saw another guy with even more options

View attachment 23283

Last edited:

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I don’t know how much the bellsmith can do, but I imagine that he could make something very personalized and special.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login