Cowboys Giants game thread

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
But but but analytics said to go for it on 4th
Jesus, you're a broken record.
Not sure what play you're talking about as I didn't watch. I do see there was a 4th and goal in the 3rd Q at the dal 3 where the giants kicked a FG and espn analytics said go. And they lose by 5. Thank God they kicked the field goal or they would have lost by 8.

• Haha
Reactions: CbusLion

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Not sure what play you're talking about as I didn't watch. I do see there was a 4th and goal in the 3rd Q at the dal 3 where the giants kicked a FG and espn analytics said go. And they lose by 5. Thank God they kicked the field goal or they would have lost by 8.
And part of Dallas’ win was going for it on 4th from their own 40 in the first half on a drive that led to a TD. They fail there, and the dinosaurs blast McCarthy. They picked it up though, so no one will ever mention it, since we only point fingers at analytical decisions when they fail.

Reactions: CbusLion

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
And part of Dallas’ win was going for it on 4th from their own 40 in the first half on a drive that led to a TD. They fail there, and the dinosaurs blast McCarthy. They picked it up though, so no one will ever mention it, since we only point fingers at analytical decisions when they fail.
It reminds me of the poker players that remember every bad beat, but have never sucked out in their lives.

Reactions: CbusLion and Wow

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Giants wouldn’t have had a chance to win at the end if they hadn’t taken their field goals. Putting points in the board changed how Dallas played but if you didn’t watch the whole game you wouldn’t know

Reactions: ApexLion

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Different downs and distances; apples and oranges. Giants didn’t score a TD the whole game but yeah “analytics” says to go for the TD on 4th and goal from the 3 on the first possession of the second half. Sure why not?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Giants wouldn’t have had a chance to win at the end if they hadn’t taken their field goals. Putting points in the board changed how Dallas played but if you didn’t watch the whole game you wouldn’t know
But they didn't win. They needed 5 more points which they left on the table.

They would have had a chance to win with aFG at the end.

And you didn't freak out when the cowboys went for it and got it earlier and then scored Td which was the difference in the game. Why not?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Different downs and distances; apples and oranges. Giants didn’t score a TD the whole game but yeah “analytics” says to go for the TD on 4th and goal from the 3 on the first possession of the second half. Sure why not?
Different down and distance? The cowboys were on their 40! That's even riskier. As erial said, the dinosaurs would have melted down if they missed it and lost.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Forgot to mention last night...I can't believe that the refs/league didn't fix that facemask penalty on the Giants' first drive. That was the type of play that replay assist needs to be all over. Pretty inexcusable.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Forgot to mention last night...I can't believe that the refs/league didn't fix that facemask penalty on the Giants' first drive. That was the type of play that replay assist needs to be all over. Pretty inexcusable.
yes !! it was against 82 not 82 committed the penalty!!

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Different down and distance? The cowboys were on their 40! That's even riskier. As erial said, the dinosaurs would have melted down if they missed it and lost.
Dude it was 4th and less than 1 when the Cowboys went for it but 4th and goal
from the 3 for the Giants. Understand that there’s a difference? Geez.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Dude it was 4th and less than 1 when the Cowboys went for it but 4th and goal
from the 3 for the Giants. Understand that there’s a difference? Geez.
On their own 40! Dinosaur football punts every time there.
If the Cowboys didn't get that 4th down and lost the game, I guarantee that is all sports talk would be discussing today. But they got it, so nobody will even notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erial_Lion

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Or Daniel Jones for the loss. Betcha the Giants wish they had handled his and Saquon's contract situation differently.
I think you're right but I'm glad they screwed it up because he went to a much, much better team.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login