Cowherd with a big yikes

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Although he is technically correct, this is a good reminder that these guys have no idea what they are spouting off quite often.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
How many staff people checked this list before he went to air with it? Astounding no one picked up on that.

Reactions: Raiderdawg

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
It's a bad list no matter how you look at it. Manziel, Lynch, Manuel haven't been on an NFL roster in years.

Reactions: drumrcraig

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I used to be a really big Cowherd fan, but when he left ESPN it was like he just got grouchy and mean. That said, I give anyone who does 3 hours of radio mostly solo quite a bit of grace - you're eventually going to say some outlandish things, and also some just dumb things.

But yeah Haskins, that's just bad and borderline disrespectful

Last edited:

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
This is the game. He’s getting clicks and retweet’s all over the world today because of it. High level chess move. He won. This is your media today.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Yeah, I'm thinking he did it on purpose. I don't pay attention to Cowherd, but if he is trying to show how the 2013 QB class fared poorly 10 years later, is it wrong to list the dead guy?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
- The graphic says 'can win' and should have said 'cant win'.
- Manziel hasnt even played in the NFL in like 6 seasons, right?

Im surprised Tebow isnt on that list too.

17ing terrible. Ball State's campus newscast is better production that that clip of Cowherd!
read

Holy sh*t, had tears in my eye. "Passes it to "the man" and boom goes the dynamite". I was thinking, just give up on the teleprompter and read the script in your hands but seems he couldn't do that either when they went to the clips. Good find.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I used to be a really big Cowherd fan, but when he left ESPN it was like he just got grouchy and mean. That said, I give anyone who does 3 hours of radio mostly solo quite a bit of grace - you're eventually going to say some outlandish things, and also some just dumb things.

But yeah Haskins, that's just bad and borderline disrespectful
As was I all the way back to his Sunday morning slot on ESPN. Then the more popular he got the more snarky (grouchy and mean) he became to full blown pompous ***. Peaked for me during the constant Tebow bashing, endless Lebron (first/early adopter of that one for ratings) and the constant Yasiel Puig fawning (remember that?).

At about the same time you had SVP also flying solo (before he picked up Russillo) and to this day, is there anybody that doesn't like SVP? Might be the biggest sports dude in America now but never was or became any of those things. Never really trashed anyone or made you become sick of and "hate" someone because he shoved them at you constantly. Never a hot take guy or pompous *** that still managed to thread the needle all the way to the top.

SVP and Russillo was peak radio for me. Man those 2 were good together and the few national guys that genuinely loved CFB.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
how have I never seen this? Gold, Jerry, Gold!
Holy sh*t, had tears in my eye. "Passes it to "the man" and boom goes the dynamite". I was thinking, just give up on the teleprompter and read the script in your hands but seems he couldn't do that either when they went to the clips. Good find.

I am glad to have been able to provide you both with some unconsumed old school early viral video content.
At this point I just assume that whenever someone says 'and boom goes the dynamite' in an unemotional manner, they are referencing the disaster that was this video.

When he whispers 'Im so sorry' to everyone off screen, I almost feel bad...but then keep laughing.
The end when he is still thanked for that look into sports, and he responds with 'yeahhh!' is just the best way to cap that whole disaster.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login