Craver committed per reports

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
If that is somewhat disorienting at this point you can remind yourself that if he plays well as a freshman or sophomore bama or Auburn will be offering him good money to leave.
And he will go if he thinks he can beat out a room full of 4 and 5-stars for targets. We have NIL $ for player retention.

Reactions: AFDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm having trouble getting excited about freshmen committing when I know in a few years they will leave if they are good. I hope they tweak the transfer rules in next 5 years. Otherwise I won't really care to watch college football anymore. They have to reinstall some rules to transfer portal on transferring without penalty need to sit unless there is a coaching change or grad transfer. Transfer crap is killing high school recruiting too. Better to go get a polished player from another school like an msu that trained them up then lsu or Georgia will come in and get them

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I'm having trouble getting excited about freshmen committing when I know in a few years they will leave if they are good. I hope they tweak the transfer rules in next 5 years. Otherwise I won't really care to watch college football anymore. They have to reinstall some rules to transfer portal on transferring without penalty need to sit unless there is a coaching change or grad transfer. Transfer crap is killing high school recruiting too. Better to go get a polished player from another school like an msu that trained them up then lsu or Georgia will come in and get them
I mean, all they have to do is have a great season while some more highly regarded players at other schools don’t. Then, it’s like a job interview for a more lucrative position.

It’s all business now until some kind of binding contract system comes into play.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
That genie is out of the bottle. Any attempt to limit Football or Basketball Players moving around freely without impediment will result in lawsuits.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Portal recruiting is more important than HS recruiting.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If that is somewhat disorienting at this point you can remind yourself that if he plays well as a freshman or sophomore bama or Auburn will be offering him good money to leave.

Ben Affleck Reaction GIF

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Here is a novel 17ing idea for all you who crap on positive news: Players win games and winning brings in more players. Happy players are winning players so let’s sign these stud HS players and go win. Maybe we can play them day 1. Lord knows ole miss does, but we always have our thumb up our ***. I know we may only win 6 next year, but let’s have a fun ride🤔

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Think of this way a girl that pretty good looking but unnoticed maybe a 7 but not a 10 says she wants to go out an 17 for a while. There is a chance that she will go from a 7 to a 9 and will want a better looking dude in the future. Should you be mad about what will happen or enjoy the 17. If she turns into a 9 and leaves guess what you got to 17 for a year or 2.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Seriously the **** is getting old.
Yep, it’s 17ing really getting old. These guys posting how bad our situation is because we couldn’t recruit anybody, then they ***** about how all these top recruits that just committed are going to leave next year! WTH!

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe we’re getting these high school guys because others are recruiting the portal more these days. We are getting the young guys by attrition only. The ones that do well for us will then be recruited by other schools. This day in age the portal is way more important. For a few reasons, a couple are that they are proven and experienced, and by transferring to us they won’t transfer again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login