Crazy rushing stat courtesy of…

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
@HD6

Against Arkansas, our running backs had 36 carries. In the three games since they have a combined 38.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
@HD6

Against Arkansas running backs had 36 carries. In the three games since they have a combined 38.

Haven't both Woody and DJ been kinda banged up the last few weeks?

I'm not making excuses, but Leach is far from a dubmass. If running it more with our best RBs was feasible and would help us win he's proven this year he'll do it.

Reactions: Grover777

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s because Arkansas ran a three man front the whole game and we gashed it with the run. Since then, teams are lining up in a four man front and we aren’t able to run on it.

Likely because those three teams have much better secondaries than Arky.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
@HD6

Against Arkansas running backs had 36 carries. In the three games since they have a combined 38.
Dillon Johson has been hurt for a lot of those 3 games. We essentially haven't had a first down type of back that can bruise it up for 3-5. Marks is great but he's more of a shifty back. Price hasn't shown me he can deliver the punishment.

I'd really like to sign Dowdell to help give us more girth at the position.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Dillon Johson has been hurt for a lot of those 3 games. We essentially haven't had a first down type of back that can bruise it up for 3-5. Marks is great but he's more of a shifty back. Price hasn't shown me he can deliver the punishment.

Woody averaged 6.4 ypc Saturday. And at a minimum run the ball a little more with a big second half lead so the clock keeps running.

Reactions: patdog and AlCoDog

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
We really miss Johnson. He was wearing a brace and that really limited his mobility. Hopefully we get some teams who try to run a light box.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009

Knew this was you when I was reading it!

Dowdell would be a great pickup. He could play next year as a true frosh.

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
That’s because Arkansas ran a three man front the whole game and we gashed it with the run. Since then, teams are lining up in a four man front and we aren’t able to run on it.

It’s pretty simple, unfortunately. If Will counts 4 down lineman and 7 in the box, he keeps the pass play. If he counts 3 down lineman or 6 in the box, HE calls the run play. Obviously, our opponents have most likely picked up on this.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
@HD6

Against Arkansas, our running backs had 36 carries. In the three games since they have a combined 38.
smh GIF

Abandon the run and doomed to fail. Can't be one dimensional.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
@HD6

Basically to stop our offense you stack the box and disguise pressure. It rarely fails to shut us down.

Really though if we hadn't absolutely **** the bed on 3? straight punts I don't think they'd have gotten back in it despite our awful offense.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login