Croom is a damn joke to these recruits........

G

Goat Holder

I'm as happy as anyone about last season, but don't get me wrong. Croom cannot recruit. Sooner or later we have to get some of these cocky guys. He's actually in the same boat as Houston Nutt. Recruits think they are better than those coaches. Or dorks, as Mitch Mustain eloquently put it. Guys like Garrett, Alonzo Lawrence, Barnes, Ramsey, Dickson etc. have every reason to come to State. But it just doesn't seem like State is the "cool" place to play football. I don't know if it's the stadium or what, but something must be done.

They say "We love MSU/Starkville, but....." and end up at Bama/Auburn/LSU. We are like the chump ex-boyfriend that stays "friends" with the girl while the big boys are drilling her from behind. Jackie could get these guys, I guess he spoke their language. But this **** Croom spits at them about being high character and singing in the church choir is NOT what these guys want to hear.

Aug 30, 2006
on the recruiting front soon, I may lose my mind. Seriously, someone is going to have to talk me down off this bridge soon or I just may jump. Holy ****, what else can possibly go wrong?!?!?!?!

</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
CowtownDawg said:
on the recruiting front soon, I may lose my mind. Seriously, someone is going to have to talk me down off this bridge soon or I just may jump. Holy ****, what else can possibly go wrong?!?!?!?!

</p>

At least you dont take all of this recruiting to seriously
</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
players did so well under JWS.

I really got sick of that ****. Personal fouls, poor fundamentals, need I go on?

Again, a lot of those guys you mentioned may have caused problems for us by being prima donnas. Croom doesn't want that, and you know what after 4 years, it finally looks like Croom has guys that actually want to listen to him and work hard and win. Heck, even the "studs" that we have recruited like AD have had some problems.

I'll take guys like Titus Brown ANY DAY.

Croom tells them that they are going to have to actually earn their position and it's not going to be a hand out, and some of these kids think they are above that. That's fine. Let them weed themselves out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login