Crootin story

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Comments say it is somebody we all know.....yea or nay? Awesome story regardless. 😂

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
That is a good story.

I wish I would've been there to see that.

Wonder what happened, and who said what, right after that display of crazy?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Crazy story. I bet there are a LOT of stories not too far from that out there.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Lot of Houston people confirming it in the comments. Locking the transcript does seem very Dan like.
I just remember the fact that Jones rode horses, his dad was kinda crazy and he is a DL still playing very well in the NFL. It's all there.

Also, if Dan did lock the transcripts, more power to him. There are no rules. Never have been. Do what it takes to win.

Reactions: eckie1 and patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I just remember the fact that Jones rode horses, his dad was kinda crazy and he is a DL still playing very well in the NFL. It's all there.

Also, if Dan did lock the transcripts, more power to him. There are no rules. Never have been. Do what it takes to win.
I always said it. He was an *******, but he was our *******.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
And I do remember stories about Jones dad being absent for most of his life, OM getting him on board and then he suddenly having a renewed interest in his son's life his senior year. So some things add up there with Jones.

But Tyler's story makes it sound like the dad was a legit influence. If what I remember right about Jones, that was far from the case.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

I had no idea who this guy was. Most definitely had to be Chris Jones, and it’s interesting that he says his dad wanted him to go there. Glad to see us stick it to these aşshats in recruiting for once.

Reactions: Dawgg and Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I heard from a close source to the Houston coach (at that time)...... Jones had a close relationship with the HouSton HC and his family. That helped us tremendously. Buy him a beer or coke if you like.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If it was us, I am 1000% certain we were the only ones to ever do this. No way any other schools to the east or west of us ever thought of this.

Reactions: aTotal360

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Chris Jones?

I heard from a close source to the Houston coach (at that time)...... Jones had a close relationship with the HouSton HC and his family. That helped us tremendously. Buy him a beer or coke if you like.
I think the dad and mama were not together. The player lived with the mama. Mama and the player wanted to go to MSU, Dad wanted to get paid.
I heard that a family had to take the player to a deer camp to keep him away from Dad and the other schools Head Coach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login