Crowdpush NIL for Austin Williams - pony up.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’ve got enough entities taking/wanting my money. I don’t need to give it to full ride college athletes. The baseball deal, I could somewhat stomach.

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
Screw him… he can’t even catch a punt around the goal line. Why do u even attempt it there. If we can’t find better receivers than him… we r in a lot of trouble ….

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He's already on the team.

It is a weird choice to be the face of this effort. Williams has been a good player for us, but he's not exactly the type of player that can leave for another school that will give him NIL money. I guess they're trying to appeal to donors that will appreciate loyalty and not want to pitch it as "give us some money so we can keep our most desirable players from bolting". I don't know. What they need is somebody with credibility that can convince small time donors that the money they give will go to athletes and not to the people setting up the fund.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Softball is currently at $50.

85% of donated money goes to the intended fund?...thats a lot of hands in the cookie jar.

ETA- many of the funds have 1 donation which is some sort of autodonation from the platform itself.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’ve got enough entities taking/wanting my money. I don’t need to give it to full ride college athletes. The baseball deal, I could somewhat stomach.
Agree, any NIL I would ever contribute to would definitely go towards baseball.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Screw him… he can’t even catch a punt around the goal line. Why do u even attempt it there. If we can’t find better receivers than him… we r in a lot of trouble ….
Not surprising that you didn't read the fine print, i.e. this is for the whole football team, not just Austin Williams.

And there's nothing wrong with giving money to Austin Williams either, he's a very productive player for us.

Sounds like either you or your kids never made it in sports. You BIG mad.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Just for a second there when I saw "pony up" in the headline I thought The Pony was going to be a player sponsor...that would bring in some $$.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login