Cue the aTm Aggie anger...

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Think they announcing that the SEC Championship will reup for Atlanta.
SEC Media days is OK.
You weren't going there anyway.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska just lit up a cigar and said "have fun with that, Bama. Sankey will have a home in Highland Park by 2025".

In all seriousness, I get the symbolism, but I don't know that the SEC Media days location matters and would be fine with it rotating locations every year. It makes sense that as the league grows, those locations become more disparately located. There are plenty of cities in the SEC footprint that could accommodate it. Here are the previous locations:
1985-2017: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2018: Atlanta, GA
2019: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2020: Cancelled/Virtual, but originally scheduled for Atlanta, GA
2021: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2022: Atlanta, GA
2023: Nashville, TN

I didn't realize it had only been in Atlanta twice.

I'm absolutely in favor of the SEC Championship Game rotating venues between Arlington, Atlanta, Nashville, and maybe Jacksonville's new stadium after it's been built.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Nebraska just lit up a cigar and said "have fun with that, Bama. Sankey will have a home in Highland Park by 2025".

In all seriousness, I get the symbolism, but I don't know that the SEC Media days location matters and would be fine with it rotating locations every year. It makes sense that as the league grows, those locations become more disparately located. There are plenty of cities in the SEC footprint that could accommodate it. Here are the previous locations:
1985-2017: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2018: Atlanta, GA
2019: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2020: Cancelled/Virtual, but originally scheduled for Atlanta, GA
2021: Birmingham/Hoover, AL
2022: Atlanta, GA
2023: Nashville, TN

I didn't realize it had only been in Atlanta twice.

I'm absolutely in favor of the SEC Championship Game rotating venues between Arlington, Atlanta, Nashville, and maybe Jacksonville's new stadium after it's been built.
I agree. I think a ton of media folks just watch it on livestream and comment on it anyway. Venue for media days is the least important thing about it.

I agree about the championship game location too. There's no reason it can't rotate between Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, and Orlando/Jacksonville on some sort of schedule.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I agree. I think a ton of media folks just watch it on livestream and comment on it anyway. Venue for media days is the least important thing about it.

I agree about the championship game location too. There's no reason it can't rotate between Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, and Orlando/Jacksonville on some sort of schedule.
Good point! I forgot about New Orleans. There are so many options in an expanded SEC and almost all of them are travellable for most of the fanbases.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
In the absence of bias, it SEC media days really should rotate around to all the states. They could even do it on college campuses.

The SEC championship games (all of them, football, basketball and baseball tournaments) should do the same within reason. I'm OK with Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta for football. The other two have more mobility. I know they say Hoover is the perfect spot for baseball (and I agreed when I lived there, again out of bias), but fair is fair. But at the same time, it's by far the less popular one of the bunch. But I do think they should at least try some of these minor league parks, like Memphis. I wish Biloxi was bigger, could be a really good spot. The RV spots still make Hoover rise above, especially if they keep making renovations to the concrete hulk of a stadium.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In the absence of bias, it SEC media days really should rotate around to all the states. They could even do it on college campuses.

The SEC championship games (all of them, football, basketball and baseball tournaments) should do the same within reason. I'm OK with Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta for football. The other two have more mobility. I know they say Hoover is the perfect spot for baseball (and I agreed when I lived there, again out of bias), but fair is fair. But at the same time, it's by far the less popular one of the bunch. But I do think they should at least try some of these minor league parks, like Memphis. I wish Biloxi was bigger, could be a really good spot. The RV spots still make Hoover rise above, especially if they keep making renovations to the concrete hulk of a stadium.
Dallas isn't the only city in Texas that could host Media Days or the SEC Championship series of all sports

Houston
San Antonio

We can use other cities and expand our reach.

St. Louis
Nashville
Orlando
Tampa
Louisville
New Orleans
Columbia
Little Rock or Memphis

It could make it fun.

Reactions: Dawgg

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
Championship game needs to stay in Atlanta. Good location, venue, production, and history. Atlanta puts on a good show! And has everything figured out with years of hosting. Change is not necessary when it's already perfect.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login