Cuonzo Martin fired

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
now two openings in SEC (Georgia). Betting Andy Kennedy gets one of them. He's got UAB in the CUSA CG right now.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Don't feel like we wanna compete with Mizzou and Georgia for a coach

Why not? Those aren’t exactly storied programs with a bunch of recent success. There’s never going to be a year where there aren’t at least 2-3 SEC coaches that get canned, retire, move on, etc. If you’ve gotta compete with any 2 SEC schools, those are two of probably the Top 4-5 that any AD would pick to be up against.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Georgia continues to be the mystery no coach can solve. GTech hasn't exactly capitalized on UGA's struggles either. It's like Hawaii always sucking at surfing if that was an NCAA sport.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Why not? Those aren’t exactly storied programs with a bunch of recent success. There’s never going to be a year where there aren’t at least 2-3 SEC coaches that get canned, retire, move on, etc. If you’ve gotta compete with any 2 SEC schools, those are two of probably the Top 4-5 that any AD would pick to be up against.

I would think 80% of the coaches out there rank us 3rd in the group. Maybe I'm wrong

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I would think 80% of the coaches out there rank us 3rd in the group. Maybe I'm wrong

That’s not the point. If we’re 3rd in that group (and perhaps we are), we’re gonna be 3rd in just about any group of 3 SEC teams looking for coaches. And there are ALWAYS going to be 2 or 3 other SEC schools looking for coaches every offseason.

So, those two schools also looking is irrelevant if we decide to make a move. It’s always going to be that bad, or worse, whenever we enter the market. The fact is that MSU plus those two are all 3 going to end up with crapshoot hires that may or may not work out, regardless of who gets their first or second choice and who doesn’t.

It also could be way worse than only having to worry about Mizzou and UGA. What if UK, Florida, and Arkansas were all looking instead?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login