Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Southeast Ms

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Out of state

Votes: 97 39.9%

• Total voters

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
I would bet more than 70% of readers don't post, but, will click a poll. Let's see who is representing SPS.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I would bet more than 70% of readers don't post, but, will click a poll. Let's see who is representing SPS.
Not a big deal but I think your regions are a little confusing. Is Waveland South east Mississippi? Or Southwest? Is Oxford Northeast or Northwest?

I think I would have gone with Coast (6 southern counties) South Mississippi (say Magee south until you get to "coastal" counties), Central MS (everything from Winona south to Magee and outside of the Delta), the Delta, and North MS (Winona North and outside of the Delta).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not a big deal but I think your regions are a little confusing. Is Waveland South east Mississippi? Or Southwest? Is Oxford Northeast or Northwest?

I think I would have gone with Coast (6 southern counties) South Mississippi (say Magee south until you get to "coastal" counties), Central MS (everything from Winona south to Magee and outside of the Delta), the Delta, and North MS (Winona North and outside of the Delta).
Would “Delta” counties include those that are partial like Desoto, Tate, Panola etc?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Would “Delta” counties include those that are partial like Desoto, Tate, Panola etc?
To me Delta would include people that lived somewhere flat, and not those that didn't. So I guess Yazoo, Homes, Carroll?, Tallahatchie, Panola, Tate and Desoto all have some Delta and some non-delta? For people that live in one area and work in the other, I guess go off of whether their wife or girlfriend is crazy from all the pesticide and herbicide exposure for the tiebreaker as to which they belong to?

HailStateTate

Oct 30, 2020

Honestly a Memphis option for Desoto/Shelby county

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Illinois is interesting.
Maybe from Bryan/Sarah Lee relocations? Do we have a lot of ag related grads go to Caterpillar? Obviously people just end up in Chicago becaues it's a big city, but can't imagine that trumping Atlanta. Just doesn't seem like this would be correct.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'm not sure how Google determines geolocation. Hopefully it's more sophisticated than IP tracing.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Iowa & Illinois ahead of Alabama & Louisiana.
90 Day Fiance Wow GIF by TLC Europe

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017

Since politics is always a low risk topic here, maybe he could have asked by Congressional Districts?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Maybe from Bryan/Sarah Lee relocations? Do we have a lot of ag related grads go to Caterpillar? Obviously people just end up in Chicago becaues it's a big city, but can't imagine that trumping Atlanta. Just doesn't seem like this would be correct.
There is a bar in Wrigleyville that is an 'MSU' bar. Michigan State and Mississippi State.
A bunch of us were there for the New Years Bowl game against Michigan from the 2010 season. The bar had Bulldog paraphernalia and played our fight song after each score. They played the fight song a lot that day.

Super surprised to have found that place.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I'm not sure how Google determines geolocation. Hopefully it's more sophisticated than IP tracing.
From my experience it’s not super accurate. If you are connected to a VPN it gets screwed up. Sometimes mobile reports weird too.

ETA: I looked it up. Google uses an IP lookup to determine geolocation. Not perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Maroon Pug

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
From my experience it’s not super accurate. If you are connected to a VPN it gets screwed up. Sometimes mobile reports weird too.

ETA: I looked it up. Google uses an IP lookup to determine geolocation. Not perfect.
I accidentally clicked out of state from the DC airport, but that’s not where I live. Could someone share the info for Google’s customer support, so I could ask them to change the heat map for this poll?

Reactions: dawgstudent

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
My dad was an agriculture grad in the late 40s, at that time he said there were a ton of folks from Missouri getting an Ag degree from State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login