Current mens basketball job openings ranked (power conferences)

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Currently here is the list of job openings in CBB at the power conference level.
Georgia- fired Tom Crean
Louisville- fired Chris Mack
Kansas State- Bruce Weber resigned
Maryland- Mark Turgeon resigned
Missouri- Cuonzo Martin fired

I would rank those job openings
1. Louisville
2. Maryland
3. Missouri
4. Georgia
5. K State

Where would we rank in that?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
3a, b, or c.

After LVL and MD, it's all the same to me. I get it, Missouri is a bigger brand than poor lil MSU, but 17 that not really. And I get the UGA is a sleeping beast that could awake and dominate due to location and money, but that beast has been in a 17ing coma for decades now and shows no signs of waking up.
KState?...that's as close to MSU as it gets in many ways, but I do not think it is a more appealing. Location sucks, conference is brutally tough, and KU is right down the road to demoralize you 2x/year.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Between Georgia and Kansas State.

I’d rank Maryland ahead of Louisville though.

I know the Cards have more titles but Maryland may be in a better situation.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
You might be right. The DMV is maybe the most basketball talent rich area in the country

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Not by a lot, but I would put State below all of those jobs.

Relative to the sport, basketball is the worst job of the big three at State. Baseball is top-5, every SEC football job not named Vanderbilt is top-30, basketball had to settle for Rick Ray and a Howland retread.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
The program is in an infinitely better place now than it was in 2012 and 2015. In my opinion Howland’s legacy will be leaving a solid foundation and a respectable program

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
3a, b, or c.

After LVL and MD, it's all the same to me. I get it, Missouri is a bigger brand than poor lil MSU, but 17 that not really. And I get the UGA is a sleeping beast that could awake and dominate due to location and money, but that beast has been in a 17ing coma for decades now and shows no signs of waking up.
KState?...that's as close to MSU as it gets in many ways, but I do not think it is a more appealing. Location sucks, conference is brutally tough, and KU is right down the road to demoralize you 2x/year.

Agreed. I also don’t think that Mizzou is a bigger brand. They haven’t reached the Sweet 16 since 2009 (a lot more recent than us, but still way too long ago to be relevant for current recruits or coaches). 13 NCAA appearances since 1995 to our 9, but we got the FF appearance that they don’t have. They have been pretty irrelevant since joining the SEC, three NCAA appearances with one of those being under Frank Haith while he was cheating his *** off.

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
hell no they’re about to not be able to attract anyone worth a **** after the NCAA penalties were announced yesterday

Last edited:

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Remember when OM fans though they’d hire anybody in the country and then hired Matt Luke? This is the basketball equivalent of that. LSU isn’t going to get a good coach with the trouble they’re facing.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
Between Georgia and Kansas State.

I’d rank Maryland ahead of Louisville though.

I know the Cards have more titles but Maryland may be in a better situation.

Louisville has also shown that it will pay a lot more for a coach than most. Pitino was making -$8mm per.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login