Current weather conditions in Phoenix

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Just up the road from Tempe and it is 115 with 4% humidity. High for Saturday is 106 with a low that night of 84 so expect it still in the mid 90's at game time.

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
IMO, its not a big deal. I've done Vegas several times when it was 110+. The sun stings, but its much more manageable than 95 in the MS delta.
Agreed. The shade temperature is noticeably different compared to swamp heat.
Believe it or not, the last time I went to Phoenix in September I had to change my stay because the hotel I was staying at in Talking Stick was flooded due to a monsoon.

• Wow
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Agreed. The shade temperature is noticeably different compared to swamp heat.
Believe it or not, the last time I went to Phoenix in September I had to change my stay because the hotel I was staying at in Talking Stick was flooded due to a monsoon.
Talking Stick? Are the rooms actual Teepees? 🌋🌋🌋

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I worked in Fort Worth for a week back about 17 years ago when they had a heat wave. It was 110 or higher all 5 days. We working technically night shift from 7:30 to 2 AM. So when we got up at 10 and walked across the hotel parking lot to eat lunch, that hot air would literally take my breath away. the humidity was about 15%. I couldn't sweat, so my body struggled to cool down. So, I don't know about that "dry heat" mantra.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Just up the road from Tempe and it is 115 with 4% humidity. High for Saturday is 106 with a low that night of 84 so expect it still in the mid 90's at game time.
Thanks for the update but any chance you can conjure up some rain in Starkville? You know "people" don't you? And I'm talking 12 hours of constant rain.
Good grief has it been dry. I swear it hasn't really rained in 2 months. Funny as I sat there in DWS in the pouring rain. Got home and sure enough, hadn't rained a drop 3 miles from the stadium.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I worked in Fort Worth for a week back about 17 years ago when they had a heat wave. It was 110 or higher all 5 days. We working technically night shift from 7:30 to 2 AM. So when we got up at 10 and walked across the hotel parking lot to eat lunch, that hot air would literally take my breath away. the humidity was about 15%. I couldn't sweat, so my body struggled to cool down. So, I don't know about that "dry heat" mantra.
If you couldn't sweat in that kind of dry heat you have a rare metabolic condition. You should have been sweating profusely....If you were properly hydrating. People who aren't used to it being that dry dehydrate REALLY quickly. If you properly hydrate, sweating works like it should....which it does NOT normally in Mississippi humidity.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
When I lived in Phoenix I got tired of the, "It's a dry heat." So my standard response was, "So is my oven but you won't catch me pitting my head in it."

Reactions: dawgman42

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
People can say what they will about a dry heat but it can be brutal on your body. Last year I spent 3 weeks in Buckeye, AZ (just east of Phoenix) in October for work. During the day the highs were still 110 to 115 degrees. When I would leave the hotel at 4:30 AM it was about 89 degrees most mornings I realized I was out of my element. I couldn't drink enough water or sport drinks to keep from cramping up at the end of the day.

I have a feeling the training staff will be using IVs to keep the players hydrated before the game and possibly at halftime.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Anybody that talks about Dry Heat has not ever been there when it is really hot. I have spent way too much time in Yuma, Arizona for work in my career and I have not ever been so 17'ing hot in my life as in the place.

Jul 11, 2024
Anybody that talks about Dry Heat has not ever been there when it is really hot. I have spent way too much time in Yuma, Arizona for work in my career and I have not ever been so 17'ing hot in my life as in the place.
Been out there to play golf a few times. Its hot, but when i go its a nice change of pace from 95F and 40 to 60% humidity.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
95+ in the Mississippi Delta, Baton Rouge, Memphis or Houston, TX is worse than anything in Arizona. Fight me.
I remember stepping of a plane in shorts and a T-shirt in Memphis in July after being in Iraq wearing body head to toe dcus and full body armor in 120° heat 2 days prior. I wanted to get back in the 17ing plane and go back because of how miserable the humidity was...

My take is this. Humid heat is way more miserable, but dry heat might be more dangerous at least for me. It's really easy to not drink enough water in dry heat because you don't feel as hot as you are. Sweat instantly evaporates and the comfort level is deceiving.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login