Cut bait now Selmon. Get rid of Lemonjello head!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Lemonis should be fired. But you can’t say hiring a guy who won our first national championship was a mistake.
Exactly. The overwhelming majority of coaches are going to eventually get fired. Very rarely does a coach leave on his own terms. So someone can criticize a hire and say it sucks and eventually they will get to beat their chest and say they were right and everyone else was stupid. Lots of good coaches in college baseball don’t have a national title. Anyone who views Lemonis hire as a failure is missing the forest for the trees.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Exactly. The overwhelming majority of coaches are going to eventually get fired. Very rarely does a coach leave on his own terms. So someone can criticize a hire and say it sucks and eventually they will get to beat their chest and say they were right and everyone else was stupid. Lots of good coaches in college baseball don’t have a national title. Anyone who views Lemonis hire as a failure is missing the forest for the trees.
How dare you inject reason and well though out explanations on here sir!!!!!********. But spot on assessment.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
I wish the same could happen at our HS

Saturday 3-1 lead going to bottom 7
Soph pitches he
Bring in Junior pitcher - “closer”
Proceeds to hit 3 batters in 5 pitches
Pulled for soft throwing lefty sr
Lose 4-3

last night up 10-4
Bring in said closer - walk, gets to 2 outs, then goes
Walk
Walk
Single 10-7
Bring in same soft lefty
Single/error - 10-9
Home run 10-11

the upperclassman are the ones that don’t/havent played high level summer ball only legion and they continue to melt when the lights come on

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
That being said, I really don't want 10 years of the baseball equivalent of Les Miles captaining our stories program 😉
Oh absolutely not… he’s gotta go. It’s clear he’s not going to get this turned around.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Have the Utes started playing yet? Maybe we can get Gary to fill in.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I knew what I was talking about.
GIF by UFC
On Your Own Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
That team had Gary Henderson looking like a coaching genius. I suspect a bunch of coaches could have been sitting on the bucket for a natty.
The 2018 team also had Jake Mangum, Stovall, MacNamee and Ethan Small.

I don't know why people try and diminish Lemonis' role in our national championship. He won it all in Year 3. Yes, he was fortunate to have a strong core of players to start with in Tanner Allen, Rowdey, etc. But he also was responsible for developing them into the players they became.

We had good players, but our natty season wasn't some roster loaded with All Star MLB talent. 2021 was not some team of destiny that would have won a national championship regardless of the coach. Lemonis deserves to be fired. But he also deserves his credit where it is due.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
A big F and U to everyone who criticized me when I said hiring a middle of the road Big 10 coach was a mistake! I knew what I was talking about.

Well, it's painfully obvious this team is bad. I don't see us finishing any higher in the league than we did last year. Sure, we've got a couple of guys banged up but even said we should be disposing of chumps like AF and Austin Peay with ease. I get the occasional bad game but our 5-9 is pure ****. Bucket ***** is gone, he's a dead man walking.

Bring Butch home and be done with it. . . . .

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I can't imagine this not being his last year. Imagine struggling to beat AP after being given double digit free bases. How does that happen ? I know some will say it's still early and they will turn it around. How ? They are playing a powder puff schedule at home. It's all downhill

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I wish the same could happen at our HS

Saturday 3-1 lead going to bottom 7
Soph pitches he
Bring in Junior pitcher - “closer”
Proceeds to hit 3 batters in 5 pitches
Pulled for soft throwing lefty sr
Lose 4-3

last night up 10-4
Bring in said closer - walk, gets to 2 outs, then goes
Walk
Walk
Single 10-7
Bring in same soft lefty
Single/error - 10-9
Home run 10-11

the upperclassman are the ones that don’t/havent played high level summer ball only legion and they continue to melt when the lights come on
If Foxhall were still here, he'd be all over that 'closer'. Sounds like his type of guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login