• Tennessee

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 67 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Even though Tenn has calmed down their RAH Rah BS some, It left a stench.
So pulling for AM.....not that it is a big deal to me.
Hold your nose and lets go Aggies.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Who's playing? Other than State I don't watch. I am watching the Giants and Cardinals on FOX right now. Rickwood Field.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
5th consecutive different SEC team to win it. I think the highest before this was 3 different teams in a conference in a row

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
3rd time in the last 4 years there has been an All-SEC final in Omaha.

Its crazy to consider that football is literally the SEC’s bronze medal sport in terms of hiw strong the league is….behind baseball and softball.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
They are not my favorite teams, but I am glad that both have well-rested pitching staffs. The series should be competitive. I hate it when one team has played five games and the other has only played three.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022

Its crazy to consider that football is literally the SEC’s bronze medal sport in terms of hiw strong the league is….behind baseball and softball.
Pretty crazy that it's been 7 different SEC teams in the finals in the last 8 years. I'll take that over watching the same 6 teams make the playoffs in football every season.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Foe me, Omaha and Augusta are very similar from a fan perspective
I went to a practice round at the Masters in 2012 and have watched some of every round since then. I went to Omaha in 2018 and 2021, and with the exception of tsun, I've watched most of the games every year as well. It's a combo of appreciation and nostalgia (for lack of a better word since it wasn't long ago).

And I'm all for aggies this year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is one of those times when I am glad I am close to Austin. There are not as many A&M fans around me, but still…

the good dinosaur halloween GIF by Disney Pixar
I

But I do 17ing hate Tennessee.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
This is one of those times when I am glad I am close to Austin. There are not as many A&M fans around me, but still…

the good dinosaur halloween GIF by Disney Pixar
I

But I do 17ing hate Tennessee.
I could be wrong, but I feel like austin aggies are much better than others in Texas. I've had several good friends here who are aggies. I've also experienced aggies in the wild, and I wanted to punch a few of them.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

This is true…..and it’s not good for the overall health of the game(s), in my opinion. If it keeps up, interest will level out, it will just be entertainment and really just function as a feeder league into pro sports.

I chuckle when folks start talking about college football competing with the NFL. Ha, without the LA, Chicago and NY markets giving a shlt? Highly doubtful. And if you look at the top 25 metros, roughly half of them could care less about college sports.

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is true…..and it’s not good for the overall health of the game(s), in my opinion. If it keeps up, interest will level out, it will just be entertainment and really just function as a feeder league into pro sports.

I chuckle when folks start talking about college football competing with the NFL. Ha, without the LA, Chicago and NY markets giving a shlt? Highly doubtful. And if you look at the top 25 metros, roughly half of them could care less about college sports.
Can you name a good college football program in a major city ?

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
I basically don’t have a dog in the hunt, as long as the SEC eliminated all the other conferences. Slight lean to TAM.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
This is why cities smaller than Austin have a professional team. Austin is a major city, but it has the University of Texas smack dab in the middle of it.
Yep.

11th nationally in population.

Seattle is 18th, has pro teams in all four major sports, and UDub was National runnerup this past season.

Reactions: 85Bears

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Can you name a good college football program in a major city ?
In a general way, no. I’ve seen some say USC and Washington, that’s laughable. USC doesn’t care and hasn’t been good in 15 years. Washington was a one-off due to a good coach.

The difference is who cares and who doesn’t. Your point is a good one, even if a few nit-pick it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yep.

11th nationally in population.

Seattle is 18th, has pro teams in all four major sports, and UDub was National runnerup this past season.
It also doesn't help that they have professional football teams in Houston and Dallas, baseball teams in Houston and Dallas, and basketball teams in Dallas and San Antonio. If I were putting together a professional team of any sport in Texas, I'd put it between San Antonio and Austin and name it the Texas _____. A lot of land there can be built on, and they do not need to let Elon Musk get it all. They would draw from both metropolitan populations. There is some talk of Major League Baseball expanding into Austin.

Unfortunately, for those of us who live in this area it is expanding like crazy

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
preference, not prediction

For most, I imagine this is a question of which one you hate more.
neither. I'll never forgive Tenn for not winning the title in 2022 (they were the presumptive favorite) and leaving the door open for you know who. TAMU is just too weird.

Oct 7, 2022
In a general way, no. I’ve seen some say USC and Washington, that’s laughable. USC doesn’t care and hasn’t been good in 15 years. Washington was a one-off due to a good coach.

The difference is who cares and who doesn’t. Your point is a good one, even if a few nit-pick it.
Washington is not “a one off”. They have a history that goes all the way back to playing Alabama in the Rose Bowl in the 1920s. You’d give your left nut for state to have the kind of history their program does and you know it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Washington is not “a one off”. They have a history that goes all the way back to playing Alabama in the Rose Bowl in the 1920s. You’d give your left nut for state to have the kind of history their program does and you know it.
I don’t care about their history. The simple fact is, they don’t care about college sports as much as we do. That’s why their coach left and went to the SEC.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Tennessee making A&M use Aschenbeck and now making him throw enough pitches that he probably will be held for Monday (if necessary). I think this will be a good series.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Game 1 was an absolute must-win for A&M. Tennessee's pitching staff is in better shape.

Tennessee starters remaining:
-Drew Beam (4.14)
-Zander Sechrist (4.36)

(best) Tennessee bullpen arms remaining:
-Aaron Combs (1.25)
-Nate Snead (3.28)
-Kirby Connell (4.76)

A&M starters remaining:
-Justin Lamkin (7.75)
-TBA

(best) A&M bullpen arms remaining:
-Brad Rudis (2.45)