CZA

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I thought could land there because they need an upgrade but they might go bigger.

I'm wondering if Kelly would go to Michigan this late in recruiting cycle and coaching carousel if harbaugh bolts for nfl. Not sure who lsu would target for head coach if that were to happen. NFL getting a blue blood program coach late definitely stirs things up at a weird time.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm wondering if Kelly would go to Michigan this late in recruiting cycle and coaching carousel if harbaugh bolts for nfl. Not sure who lsu would target for head coach if that were to happen. NFL getting a blue blood program coach late definitely stirs things up at a weird time.
I know there's much speculation of Hardpaw leaving for the NFL, but will he? He's got Michigan rollin' and absolutely noting will come out of the cheating, or other, scandals. I know he has lobbied for NFL jobs over the past few years, but he's about to win a natty and seems to have everyone on board. Of course, the Chargers are a very desirable job as they have the QB in place.

He's known to be difficult to work with, so being the undisputed king of the castle in Ann Arbor may be something that keeps him (a Saban type situation).

HopInMyDakPak

Jul 22, 2013
I know there's much speculation of Hardpaw leaving for the NFL, but will he? He's got Michigan rollin' and absolutely noting will come out of the cheating, or other, scandals. I know he has lobbied for NFL jobs over the past few years, but he's about to win a natty and seems to have everyone on board. Of course, the Chargers are a very desirable job as they have the QB in place.

He's known to be difficult to work with, so being the undisputed king of the castle in Ann Arbor may be something that keeps him (a Saban type situation).
only reason i could see is if he is tired of the NCAA constantly investigating him. They do seem to have it out for him for sure.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He did go out and hire a new agent more familiar with nfl. Also rumored to be favorite for raiders in Vegas. If saints miss playoffs I could also see Allen getting the boot.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Would the defense he runs be an issue for a school like LSU? How many SEC DC’s run the 3-3-5? He was certainly a great DC for us, but I think that might cause pause some for head coaches.
I'm sure it would be for some but seems like a great system for LSU to recruit to. Be hell on wheels and fun to watch as an LSU fan.

I think the bigger concern would be where Arnett's head is at. The way everything fell apart would make me concerned he may need a second out of the pressure cooker.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Probably a good idea. Decompress and comeback hopefully motivated. He can still have a very good career as a DC.
I think he can have a good career as a head coach. It's just painfully obvious he wasn't ready, and made some meathead decisions due to it. To me, defensive guys need a little more experience under the good coaches than offensive guys (who can kinda live on their offense scoring points at first).

Stoops at Kentucky was a DC for 9 years, same for Smart. Saban had quite a bit of coordinator and NFL experience.

Not a hard and fast rule, it's just something I have noticed. Sure there are plenty of exceptions, but Arnett wasn't one of them.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He didn't walk away with that money. He has a duty to seek employment and his buyout is the remainder of his salary. I suppose he could take a high school DC job but he would probly get sued

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login