Dabo, Army, Navy?

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
So, after being left for dead, Clempson playing well and on the path to the playoffs.

Army and Navy both undefeated.

What they have in common is they don’t really “portal” players. Who knows how it will end up and I certainly don’t expect the services academies to win the NC, but there might be something said for player continuity as opposed to a bunch of random “stars” moving in and out each year. We have seen the same in basketball where a team like Butler can get extremely close to winning it all.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think you're right.

I think it's similar to college basketball with the smaller schools that have the senior laden teams going deep in the ncas tournament.

However I don't think any G5 will win more than one playoff game. If they win one.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What is nuts with everyone beating each other a 9-3 team might have a shot at the play off.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
It has NOTHING to do with going the HS route or the Portal route.

It has EVERYTHING to do with your evaluations. You can bomb in the portal if you poorly evaluate like FSU did. You can still suck if you recruit highly-rated HS players like Texas did in the past.

I laugh everytime someone talks about the "right" way to recruit in the NIL era. It still boils down to evaluations. Doesn't matter where the kids come from.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
It has NOTHING to do with going the HS route or the Portal route.

It has EVERYTHING to do with your evaluations. You can bomb in the portal if you poorly evaluate like FSU did. You can still suck if you recruit highly-rated HS players like Texas did in the past.

I laugh everytime someone talks about the "right" way to recruit in the NIL era. It still boils down to evaluations. Doesn't matter where the kids come from.
I disagree. Parity is great but the actual product on the field sucks if you watch these games. Penalties, can’t tackle and horrible execution. Having continuity on a team is a huge deal and in football which is the ultimate team sport you have to have players playing for each other. It’s hard to form relationships when it’s a new roster every year. The product on the field this year is terrible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login