Dabo loses it when caller asks him why we pay you so much

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Count the number of "aiiights"

Clemson went 4 and 4 in conference last year and Dabo pocketed a cool $11.5M making him the 2nd highest paid coach behind Kirby Smart. Sorry Dabo but when you're paid top 5 dollar you're expected to produce top 5 results.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'd say, Dabo had a planned response for that question. Good one also.
It's a good response in a bubble. Anyone who's getting 8 figures a year should realize there are sky high expectations. Clemson isn't exactly trending upwards lately, but Dabo's salary sure is

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I heard today on Finebaum that Dabo will not be doing a call in show this year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yall do know that was 10 months ago?
Announced just today he's just going to not take any more calls this season. Because of that call 8 months ago.

The funny thing is that now those salaries like his will be justified just by finishing in the top 12 each year and "having a chance" to win it all. Without ever really having a chance to win it all. He certainly has that salesman pitch experience that Jimbo had doesn't he.

• Haha
Reactions: 17itdawg and patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
  1. He’s paid $11.5 million because he won 10+ games twelve years in a row and has two national championships.
  2. Fans are entitled to be unreasonable. Reasonable is not part of the job description.
  3. Coaches shouldn’t take #2 personally.
His rant is correct. He should just let someone else make that argument.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Count the number of "aiiights"

Clemson went 4 and 4 in conference last year and Dabo pocketed a cool $11.5M making him the 2nd highest paid coach behind Kirby Smart. Sorry Dabo but when you're paid top 5 dollar you're expected to produce top 5 results.

not me so yesterday GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Let's just say what everyone is thinking. If he doesn't make the 12 team playoff, it's proof that the game as it's played today has passed him by. Saban admitted it. Jimbo got paid to leave in an epic heist. My guess is Dabo is next and will have a lovely buyout. He's playing that alumni base like a fiddle, reminds me of A&M. And Auburn.

I would love to hear a CEO of a public company talk about appreciating his results from years ago vs the last 4 quarters. Would go across splendidly.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerHntr

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Announced just today he's just going to not take any more calls this season. Because of that call 8 months ago.

The funny thing is that now those salaries like his will be justified just by finishing in the top 12 each year and "having a chance" to win it all. Without ever really having a chance.
Yes, today's announcement was the news. There were great conspiracy theories last fall that the call was a plant to give Dabo the opportunity to address his whole fanbase about their record under the guise of responding to a call. If anyone would do that...well that would probably be Freeze but Dabo would think about it.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Dabo won’t last long unless he embraces the portal.
He's like a skilled politician. Says what gets support. I think the days of schools having distinct advantages are over. NIL is just a reason for him to say why it didn't work out for the old ball coach. Who wants to bet he does like Tubberville and runs for a Senate seat...

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
It’s crazy that Dabo is one of only three active coaches with a national title, one of only two with a national title at their current program.

Reactions: onewoof

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Let's just say what everyone is thinking. If he doesn't make the 12 team playoff, it's proof that the game as it's played today has passed him by. Saban admitted it. Jimbo got paid to leave in an epic heist. My guess is Dabo is next and will have a lovely buyout. He's playing that alumni base like a fiddle, reminds me of A&M. And Auburn.

I would love to hear a CEO of a public company talk about appreciating his results from years ago vs the last 4 quarters. Would go across splendidly.
17 these coaches. They need to realize that they had the platform they had to have success because of the program that the fans built. Him talking about "Clemson hasn't sniffed this and that...", so the 17 what, they showed up and filled that stadium for 30 years before he showed up. Yes, he capitalized and together, they won it all, but he needs to STFU trying take all the credit.

Coaches salaries is one big reason we're in this position.

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dabo won’t last long unless he embraces the portal.
I thought this whole schtick was just him gospelizing, until I went back and looked at the past 4 years. He's taken 2 transfer portal guys, and lost 43, over the past 4 years since immediate eligibility began in summer 2021. That shlt is simply not sustainable. I am looking forward to seeing the overall talent level Saturday when they suit up against Georgia.

You can't just add freshmen to that equation, over a 4 year cycle. I'm betting they are an 8-4 team at best. This guy's time in the sun is over, and it's all of his own doing. This is Croom-level hardheadedness. Funny thing is too, I always thought Croom could have been more successful had he taken a Dabo approach - be the recruiter/CEO, and 100% delegate the X/O coaching (but he was too hard-headed to do it). Seems hard-headedness is the current theme.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login