Dabo on his call in show tonight…

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
As a state fan it’s hard to imagine how a fan base could become so entitled so quickly. I’m sure it would happen here given similar circumstances and I would love to deal with entitled fans. That’s a sign of success as Swinney correctly points out. But that guy got absolutely roasted by the coach.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
As a state fan it’s hard to imagine how a fan base could become so entitled so quickly. I’m sure it would happen here given similar circumstances and I would love to deal with entitled fans. That’s a sign of success as Swinney correctly points out. But that guy got absolutely roasted by the coach.
It happened here with Mullen. Mullen didn’t win a National title, but people were calling for his job from 2012 until he left.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Hell, there are already some entitled MSU fans on this site. People saying they wouldn’t watch us when Leach coached because we were “boring” even though we won 9 games last year. I’m guessing this season has humbled those people. Winning nine games at MSU is nothing to sneeze at, even if it is “boring”

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Uh, welcome to MSU baseball, dude wins our first ever natty in any sport and the next year fans are ready to burn his house down.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think he sounds like a little *****. If you want outrageous money you’ll have to deal with outrageous expectations.
Agree, his salary kinda makes me want to tell him to STFU, especially when he's doing dumb stuff like not use the transfer portal

Reactions: onewoof

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I would tend to agree with the kid in many ways. Dabo came off as very defensive given that he was a life-long season ticket holder and a former member of our military. The kid, or guy, did not get profane with Dabo. He asked legitimate questions. Now could he let it slide because they have won so much in recent years? Sure. But everything that was asked of Dabo was a fair question and his answer back was profane and insulting. I tend to agree with Strat on this one. Dabo seems to be trending more towards Freeze than anything else. And, sure, if he wanted to coach at state I would take him in a heartbeat, but that clip was not a very good look on Dabo, not the soldier.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think Dabo's response proves the guy's point--Dabo's arrogance may very well be leading to his downfall.
Truth. And if the dubmass caller had gotten it right, he'd have said that everything changed in 2021....not 2018. Clemson made the ch'ip game in 2019 and made the playoff in 2020, so things were fine then. Caller should have focused more on the changing landscape of the sport and why Dabo hasn't adapted not even a little. All of Dabo's rant would then have been moot.

Reactions: patdog

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
"Many of y'all think this program is dead and needs to be brought back to life. Well you know who else everyone thought was dead but came back to life. Look, I'm not saying it'll be easy and it'll take more than 3 days and 3 nights but I plan to bring this program back to life just like God brought Jesus back from the dead."

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Spoiler alert / plot twist: The caller (Tyler) is the team's equipment manager

AnchorState

Jan 21, 2020
Not a Dabo fan. He gives off a lot of Southern Baptist Youth Minister energy. A little too sanctimonious and serious about things that aren’t that serious or worth that much reverence. Plus, he’s making a lot of money - stop being so thin-skinned when people aren’t worshipping you.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Lou Holz on fan expectations:

"When I first started, everybody said they just wanted us to be competitive. That first season in 1986 we went 5-6 and lost five games by a total of 14 points. But people said, 'No, when we said competitive, we meant we want you to win.'
"So the next year we were 8-4 and played in a New Year's Day bowl. But they said, 'No, when we said we want you to win, we meant win them all.'
"So the next year we did win them all. We went 12-0 and won the national championship. But they said, 'No, you don't understand, we meant we want you to win big.' "

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Uh, welcome to MSU baseball, dude wins our first ever natty in any sport and the next year fans are ready to burn his house down.
We are coming up on his 3rd full season after the Natty. And, we haven’t even been playing .500 baseball in the previous 2. Way different.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
We are coming up on his 3rd full season after the Natty. And, we haven’t even been playing .500 baseball in the previous 2. Way different.
Has it been three years already? It's like the MSU baseball program went the way of 1987 SMU football ("death penalty")

Water Dawg

Aug 22, 2012
Come on down Dabo - open arms !

He said it to fans a few years ago to the effect of "we won 10 games ... are you not entertained"
Dabo won't answer the phone even if we inquired.
He wins ... Clemson was the Moo U he made them winners

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Some fan bases are abused, some are entitled. Clemson is an entitled fan base.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Dabo crying from his 2nd vacation home. Extract as much money as you can while you can. Speak in a way that appeals to the Christian donors. Dabo, Freeze, Fisher. Olsteen.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login