Dak and Sanderson Farms

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
If anyone is interested in Dak gear or SFC gear the spring cleaning continues with some Dak hats and unopened Sanderson Farms swag and even a Fitbit.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Thread hijack.... who will take over sponsorship of the golf tournament now that Sanderson Farms is no more?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Thread hijack.... who will take over sponsorship of the golf tournament now that Sanderson Farms is no more?
Sanderson Farms still exists & is still the sponsor. It’s just not owned by the Sandersons anymore.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Sanderson Farms still exists & is still the sponsor. It’s just not owned by the Sandersons anymore.
Good to know. I was told this company is withdrawing from some of Sanderson's past external commitments, so glad to hear they are keeping the golf tournament sponsorship.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
If anyone is interested in Dak gear or SFC gear the spring cleaning continues with some Dak hats and unopened Sanderson Farms swag and even a Fitbit.

I always wanted a free fitbit.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Good to know. I was told this company is withdrawing from some of Sanderson's past external commitments, so glad to hear they are keeping the golf tournament sponsorship.
I know they're cutting a lot of fat that Sanderson's had built up. Sold all 6 of the Gulfstream jets. Bunch of G150's and a couple of G250's, laid off the entire flight and maintenance staff. Got three huge empty hangars at the Laurel airport, if any of y'all are in need. Joe Frank was big on making sure staff had a family life, and flew middle management to plants every day, to make sure they were back at home by 5 pm. He also did a lot of benevolent flights, for cancer patients, and other patients in need of care far off, that were either too sick to travel by car, or couldn't afford to pay to fly. Joe Frank has ordered a new jet for himself, to use to carry on that benevolence. Now, the new company makes employees drive to all of those plants, even in Texas and NC. Almost everyone is gone from Sanderson's headquarters. Someone told me last week (their daughter was just laid off and she'd been their over 20 years) that the only thing left at headquarters was the insurance department, and that they were on the chopping block, too..

Fun fact. Wayne farms was way smaller than Sanderson Farms, but was able to buy Sanderson's with the help of a couple of wealthy Russian investors. So, now Russians own a big part of our food supply

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks like they signed a 10-year contract that expires in 2026. Not sure what kind of out cleanses there are, but Wouldn’t be surprised if they drop out then.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I know they're cutting a lot of fat that Sanderson's had built up. Sold all 6 of the Gulfstream jets. Bunch of G150's and a couple of G250's, laid off the entire flight and maintenance staff. Got three huge empty hangars at the Laurel airport, if any of y'all are in need. Joe Frank was big on making sure staff had a family life, and flew middle management to plants every day, to make sure they were back at home by 5 pm. He also did a lot of benevolent flights, for cancer patients, and other patients in need of care far off, that were either too sick to travel by car, or couldn't afford to pay to fly. Joe Frank has ordered a new jet for himself, to use to carry on that benevolence. Now, the new company makes employees drive to all of those plants, even in Texas and NC. Almost everyone is gone from Sanderson's headquarters. Someone told me last week (their daughter was just laid off and she'd been their over 20 years) that the only thing left at headquarters was the insurance department, and that they were on the chopping block, too..

Fun fact. Wayne farms was way smaller than Sanderson Farms, but was able to buy Sanderson's with the help of a couple of wealthy Russian investors. So, now Russians own a big part of our food supply

There are some inaccuracies in this. There is uncertainty about the future, but to this point there have not been mass layoffs at the Sanderson GO in Laurel. I promise you there are more than just insurance reps still in the building. I personally know several people that still work in that office in various departments. I do think some upper level executives were bought out but a good bit of the GO staff is still in place.

Also, Sanderson was purchased by Cargill and Continental Grain, not “Russian investors”. The buyers owned Wayne Farms and opted to combine Wayne and Sanderson into a separate, new entity.

Sanderson was a family business from the get-go, and after Joe Frank I don’t think there was another Sanderson that was being groomed to be next in line. Given that it was a $4.5 billion dollar sale, I’m going to guess Joe Frank and his family will be just fine.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
There are some inaccuracies in this. There is uncertainty about the future, but to this point there have not been mass layoffs at the Sanderson GO in Laurel. I promise you there are more than just insurance reps still in the building. I personally know several people that still work in that office in various departments. I do think some upper level executives were bought out but a good bit of the GO staff is still in place.

Also, Sanderson was purchased by Cargill and Continental Grain, not “Russian investors”. The buyers owned Wayne Farms and opted to combine Wayne and Sanderson into a separate, new entity.

Sanderson was a family business from the get-go, and after Joe Frank I don’t think there was another Sanderson that was being groomed to be next in line. Given that it was a $4.5 billion dollar sale, I’m going to guess Joe Frank and his family will be just fine.
FWIW, my info came from a GO executive who just took her buyout week before last. You might want to look into the details of the transaction, instead of the big picture.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
FWIW, my info came from a GO executive who just took her buyout week before last. You might want to look into the details of the transaction, instead of the
FWIW, my info came from a GO executive who just took her buyout week before last. You might want to look into the details of the transaction, instead of the big picture.

https://www.fooddive.com/news/cargi...complete-45b-sanderson-farms-purchase/627910/ It's not exactly hard to fins out who bought Sanderson farms

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Dorn gonna Dorn. You should stay in your lane. You're looking at the entities. Not the investors brought in on that purchase by Cargill and CG. Missed dunk there, Dorn

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Dorn gonna Dorn. You should stay in your lane. You're looking at the entities. Not the investors brought in on that purchase by Cargill and CG. Missed dunk there, Dorn
So you're telling me Cargill, who had an estimated 165 billion in revenue in 2022, along with their partner Continental Grain (14B in revenue in 2022) needed a couple rooskie investors to buy Sanderson for 4.5 billion?

I find your belief system fascinating.

Attachments

• 1682266589236.png
    1682266589236.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
So you're telling me Cargill, who had an estimated 165 billion in revenue in 2022, along with their partner Continental Grain (14B in revenue in 2022) needed a couple rooskie investors to buy Sanderson for 4.5 billion?

I find your belief system fascinating.
Yes. That's exactly what I'm telling you. Again. Stay in your lane. My info came from a Sanderson executive involved in M&A

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Whether there’s Russian investors or not the deal shouldn’t have been allowed for antitrust reasons. The ag industry from machinery to the food and grain sector has way too many conglomerates.

Reactions: dorndawg and patdog

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Yes. That's exactly what I'm telling you. Again. Stay in your lane. My info came from a Sanderson executive involved in M&A
I wouldn’t trust any “executive” that would provide details of a major deal like that. That type of “insider” info usually comes from a middle manager who spent too much time around the water cooler.

Reactions: dorndawg and patdog

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
John Candy Reaction GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login