Dak as a Cowboy.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Checking the record books, barring an injury, Dak is gonna own all the franchise records as a passer before leaving. I know, I know, dead Indians. Shouldn’t have typed.

Btw, I had NO IDEA the most passing yards in a single NFL game occurred in 1951. Wtf?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dak already has 30 more passing TDs than Aikman had in his entire 12 year career, and only half the interceptions. And Joe Buck will tell you every Sunday that Troy is a HOFer.
We throw much more these days, and play an extra game per year.

Lot of these stat records just don't mean as much anymore, as things change. Records are meant to be broken. Fun at the time, I guess. Great thing about the NFL is that it's still about winning and losing, rather than stats.

Reactions: MarkDallas

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We throw much more these days, and play an extra game per year.

Lot of these stat records just don't mean as much anymore, as things change. Records are meant to be broken. Fun at the time, I guess. Great thing about the NFL is that it's still about winning and losing, rather than stats.

It is fun to compare different eras, but what gets you considered for the HOF is how you compare to your contemporary peers.

Reactions: MarkDallas

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Checking the record books, barring an injury, Dak is gonna own all the franchise records as a passer before leaving. I know, I know, dead Indians. Shouldn’t have typed.

Btw, I had NO IDEA the most passing yards in a single NFL game occurred in 1951. Wtf?
Zach Smith's grandad must have been playing DB

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It is fun to compare different eras, but what gets you considered for the HOF is how you compare to your contemporary peers.
Aikman really wasn’t all that great compared to his peers, though.

This site does a great job of tracking HOF worthy accomplishments for every position, and ranking all players against their historical peers. Aikman had the 2nd lowest composite score of any QB ever admitted to the HOF. Only Jim Kelly’s was lower, and that was only because of the 0fer in the 4 Super Bowls. Kelly was far more accomplished as a passer, and had a first team All-Pro selection (which Aikman never had). Aikman had a ton of counterparts from his era who were just way better - Favre, Montana, Young, Marino, Elway, Moon, and even Kurt Warner.

The TLDR version - Troy Aikman is probably the worst QB to ever get in to the HOF, and he owes just about all of his inclusion to 3 SB rings when he was a game manager on loaded rosters.

IMG_4424.jpeg

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
These next 2 road games will determine if Dak can win the MVP. Buffalo was resurrected Sunday winning at KC. They'll be tough at their place. Then at Miami, Dallas will have their hands full on defense.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Nov 20, 2023

I had no idea either, I thought they mostly ran the ball with the HB or FB. FBs played a much larger role on offense back then. They carried the ball straight up the gut a whole lot. Also my Uncle was the star running back in the late 60s in Highschool and College around here. He was a fast but big bruiser type, had to be taken down at leg level most of the time. Had offers from MSU and Ole Miss but ended up with a torn up knee. Some boys in his first year of Juco had put money in a pot that went to whoever could Ingure his leg/knee. Well they finally succeeded and he just couldn’t go on to play Senior College Ball. Sh*t was dirty as hell

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login