Dak is suing over an alleged $100M extortion attempt

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The pain she went through was “unimaginable”….but if she had to ballpark imagine it….would be worth bout $100,000,000.

And no criminal charges of course, because….I mean lets not get too crazy here and actually worry about this predator doing the same thing to someone else.

This is the type of shít that sets a “boy who cried wolf” precedent for real sexual assault victims every day….and keeps them both silent and their attackers out in the world. Makes me 17ing sick. I’ve got no sympathy for the opposite side of the truth in any sexual assault case. If you sexually assault someone, you should go to prison for multiple years, post-haste. If you lie about getting sexual assaulted for either attention or money or both, then you deserve the exact same punishment….to the letter.

17 civil settlements and NDA’s and all that other BS. Whenever an allegation reaches the courtroom and goes to trial, one of the two people should be in prison….no matter how it ends. It sucks that we don’t live in that world, but good on Dak for doing what he can to highlight this nonsense and support real victims.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Whenever an allegation reaches the courtroom and goes to trial, one of the two people should be in prison….no matter how it ends..
You don't think that might make victims a LOT less likely to come forward?

Remember, trials never declare someone to be "innocent," just a Yes/No on whether the government proved its case. If a jury isn't sure whether a defendant did it or not, the jury votes "not guilty," and that's a great aspect of our legal system no doubt, but do you really think that's enough to send an accuser to jail?

It's already illegal to file a false police report and can seriously 17 up a person's life if he or she intentionally and maliciously lies to try to get someone in underserved trouble. I don't see why adding a specter of an automatic jail sentence if their accused isn't found guilty (and remember, we correctly require an extremely high bar of evidence in order to actually convict someone) is even needed. But if we do want to take a stand on needless prosecutions, we should consider requiring prosecutors to have X% of their cases end in conviction, maybe 90% - this is actually below the national average, so the prosecutors with a conviction rate below that are either incompetent, or they're bringing too many marginal cases to trial, and either way they probably need to be replaced.

Reactions: dorndawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They definitely picked the wrong NFL player to try this **** on. I hope he wears their asses out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Remember, trials never declare someone to be "innocent," just a Yes/No on whether the government proved its case. If a jury isn't sure whether a defendant did it or not, the jury votes "not guilty," and that's a great aspect of our legal system no doubt, but do you really think that's enough to send an accuser to jail?

It's already illegal to file a false police report and can seriously 17 up a person's life if he or she intentionally and maliciously lies to try to get someone in underserved trouble. I don't see why adding a specter of an automatic jail sentence if their accused isn't found guilty (and remember, we correctly require an extremely high bar of evidence in order to actually convict someone) is even needed. But if we do want to take a stand on needless prosecutions, we should consider requiring prosecutors to have X% of their cases end in conviction, maybe 90% - this is actually below the national average, so the prosecutors with a conviction rate below that are either incompetent, or they're bringing too many marginal cases to trial, and either way they probably need to be replaced.
It was me venting. I’m aware of how the justice system works and what is and is not possible.

But current criminal statutes just about anywhere do not allow for “false police reports” and the like to be punished nearly as harshly as actual sexual assault, and that’s a huge problem. A false claim of sexual assault can potentially be every bit as damaging to a person’s life as an actual sexual assault can, although that it can manifest in different ways (lost employment opportunities, marital / family trauma….and also the same anxiety and depression that could result from an actual assault).

As a general statement, I don’t think there’s any denying that truth….although context is important when making more specific comparisons. I’m obviously not saying a girl falsely claiming that a man grabbed her asś at a night club is worse than the same man actually raping 3 women, but flip the actual vs. false accusation in that scenario and you can see what I mean.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Who is coaching her? McCarthy? Did she actually think that plan would work? Less than $10mil, maybe that Hail Mary is completed. Asking for $100mil, no way that succeeds.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It was me venting. I’m aware of how the justice system works and what is and is not possible.

But current criminal statutes just about anywhere do not allow for “false police reports” and the like to be punished nearly as harshly as actual sexual assault, and that’s a huge problem. A false claim of sexual assault can potentially be every bit as damaging to a person’s life as an actual sexual assault can, although that it can manifest in different ways (lost employment opportunities, marital / family trauma….and also the same anxiety and depression that could result from an actual assault).

As a general statement, I don’t think there’s any denying that truth….although context is important when making more specific comparisons. I’m obviously not saying a girl falsely claiming that a man grabbed her asś at a night club is worse than the same man actually raping 3 women, but flip the actual vs. false accusation in that scenario and you can see what I mean.
I don't deny that a malicious and intentional false accusation has the potential to ruin someone's life, nor do I oppose an appropriate punishment to people who do that, whether we're talking about sex crimes or not.

I just strongly caution against conflating "the jury finds the defendant not guilty" with "the jury believes that everyone who said the defendant was guilty was intentionally and maliciously lying about it," again whether we're talking about sex crimes or not. A lot rapes basically turn into he-said, she-said with no strong evidence either way and a jury basically has to find the defendant not guilty (and that's a good thing, just in case any of you readers want to try to imply that I don't think it is), but I don't think we should turn around and punish the accuser in those case unless there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt that he/she was lying on purpose to screw the defendant over.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’m going to design a consent app for famous people. Yes I consent to all of the above. Fingerprint here, facial scan there. Boom consent logged.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
The pain she went through was “unimaginable”….but if she had to ballpark imagine it….would be worth bout $100,000,000.

And no criminal charges of course, because….I mean lets not get too crazy here and actually worry about this predator doing the same thing to someone else.

This is the type of shít that sets a “boy who cried wolf” precedent for real sexual assault victims every day….and keeps them both silent and their attackers out in the world. Makes me 17ing sick. I’ve got no sympathy for the opposite side of the truth in any sexual assault case. If you sexually assault someone, you should go to prison for multiple years, post-haste. If you lie about getting sexual assaulted for either attention or money or both, then you deserve the exact same punishment….to the letter.

17 civil settlements and NDA’s and all that other BS. Whenever an allegation reaches the courtroom and goes to trial, one of the two people should be in prison….no matter how it ends. It sucks that we don’t live in that world, but good on Dak for doing what he can to highlight this nonsense and support real victims.
i would throw in disbarment for these attorneys for extorting the female as well.

Reactions: boatsandhoes

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Undefeated.

According to WOPR: "The only winning move is not to play."

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't deny that a malicious and intentional false accusation has the potential to ruin someone's life, nor do I oppose an appropriate punishment to people who do that, whether we're talking about sex crimes or not.

I just strongly caution against conflating "the jury finds the defendant not guilty" with "the jury believes that everyone who said the defendant was guilty was intentionally and maliciously lying about it," again whether we're talking about sex crimes or not. A lot rapes basically turn into he-said, she-said with no strong evidence either way and a jury basically has to find the defendant not guilty (and that's a good thing, just in case any of you readers want to try to imply that I don't think it is), but I don't think we should turn around and punish the accuser in those case unless there is evidence beyond reasonable doubt that he/she was lying on purpose to screw the defendant over.

Not conflating not guilty with innocent is fine, but generally women do not get punished for false rape accusations, even when it's clear they were false. And anytime there is a rape accusation, somebody deserves to go to jail, even if the burden of proof can't be met to take them there. It would help if prosecutors were interested in throwing the book at clearly false accusations. Or maybe more accurately if police would take it to prosecutors. Not sure where the disconnect is. The only instance I have hearsay knowledge of a crazy acquaintance made a rape allegation, the guy luckily had video evidence that refuted her claim, and instead of immediately arresting and charging her, they just let her go, like it was no big deal that she tried to ruin some random guys life, who would have almost certainly been raped had he been convicted and sent to jail.

patdog

May 28, 2007

There's a line somewhere between filing an accusation that can't be proven and filing an accusation that is just false. The second one has to be punished.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Man I would love to see any unethical lawyer get taken to the cleaners
So what are we talking here, like 83.17%? Good heavens man, are you somehow suggesting we'd all be FAR better off if we drastically reduced the number of lawyers?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
So what are we talking here, like 83.17%? Good heavens man, are you somehow suggesting we'd all be FAR better off if we drastically reduced the number of lawyers?
no I am saying that any lawyer that MIGHT conspire with their clients to defraud wealthy individuals or companies... those lawyers should be caught every once in while. Seeing these counter-suits happen more often is a good thing.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
About all I needed to see :
Despite the tragic events, she is willing to forego pursuing criminal charges, along with disclosing this information to the public, in exchange for compensating her for the mental anguish she has suffered. Ms. Shores’s damages are valued at the sum of $100,000,000.00. You have until February 16, 2024, to respond to this demand letter.”

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
About all I needed to see :
Despite the tragic events, she is willing to forego pursuing criminal charges, along with disclosing this information to the public, in exchange for compensating her for the mental anguish she has suffered. Ms. Shores’s damages are valued at the sum of $100,000,000.00. You have until February 16, 2024, to respond to this demand letter.”
Does she still have the blue dress?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Man I would love to see any unethical lawyer get taken to the cleaners
The biggest thing I took away from jury duty was that it’s OK for lawyers to lie. I don’t know why I thought they had to be honest. I expected them to try omit details that make their case look bad or phrase things in a way that could cause confusion, but I didn’t realize a lawyer could outright lie during a trial.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Who is coaching her? McCarthy? Did she actually think that plan would work? Less than $10mil, maybe that Hail Mary is completed. Asking for $100mil, no way that succeeds.
She actually turned past the Hail Mary page in the playbook, and went straight to Hollloway up the middle.

Dak didn’t even need the legal team, he obviously had enough familiarity with that one to read the field and know what play to call.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login