Dak signs 4 years/$240 million...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We really need him to win a Super Bowl, continue to rake in money, and then retire eventually to Starkville and get involved in town, whether it's NIL or investing in other things. I guess he could stay in Dallas, but definitely not Louisiana.

Things like this still give me a little hope we will one day maybe compete in this environment.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Just shows how bad Jerry jones isā€¦if youā€™re going to sign him, why wait this late?
They did the same thing with Lamb.

Now they have the highest paid player in NFL history, and the 2nd highest non-QB on the same roster. I donā€™t know how these guys are ever gonna pay anybody else.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Charlie on the horn, hopefully

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
All I want from Dak for Christmas is 4 5-stars on the defensive line. Make it rain my man.
and a son who is equally talented at the game of tackle football and has Doogie Howser intellect that will graduate high school at the age of 15

BBQCompDawg

Aug 21, 2018
@CharlieWinfield, with the amount of contract money that our alums have racked up in the NFL, can you comment on any new packages that will be helping our NIL? Also, is our NIL competitive in this era(If youā€™ve already addressed this, my apologies)?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Not bad for tight end. Everyone can go back to bashing him on a regular basis.

I think he's gonna start the year really missing his offensive line from last season.
Yeah a rookie starting his first game at LT vs Myles Garrett is not ideal

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
@CharlieWinfield, with the amount of contract money that our alums have racked up in the NFL, can you comment on any new packages that will be helping our NIL? Also, is our NIL competitive in this era(If youā€™ve already addressed this, my apologies)?
NFL players in general donā€™t give much money back to their schools.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
NFL players in general donā€™t give much money back to their schools.
Yeah... most folks don't understand "he's got a little money" compared to "wealthy".

The vast majority of former NFL players "got a little money". But when their career is over, so is their earning potential. They can't even consider donating millions/year.

To move the needle you need to target "wealthy" individuals.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Just shows how bad Jerry jones isā€¦if youā€™re going to sign him, why wait this late?
Yup. Could have saved $16-20 million by just getting this done a year agoā€¦..and heā€™d STILL be the highest paid QB right now.

But nah. Slow played it till the endā€¦.let Love, Lawrence, etc. reset the market. And here we are.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login