Dakota releases a statement.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This is great! Congratulations to the young man and to us!

Try to classy in your responses, i know it's hard.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I feel like these statements are even dumber than NIL itself. It was just as dumb when all our COVID seniors in football with no NFL prospects whatsoever announced they were coming back for a 5th / 6th year.

I mean I’m glad they “like” MSU and all, but just shut up and play sports. I’m not going to release a statement on Twitter telling my employer that I’m going to be at work tomorrow…..because maintaining your status quo (whatever that may be) doesn’t require a 17ing statement.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I feel like these statements are even dumber than NIL itself. It was just as dumb when all our COVID seniors in football with no NFL prospects whatsoever announced they were coming back for a 5th / 6th year.

I mean I’m glad they “like” MSU and all, but just shut up and play sports. I’m not going to release a statement on Twitter telling my employer that I’m going to be at work tomorrow…..because maintaining your status quo (whatever that may be) doesn’t require a 17ing statement.
Exactly. I'm really glad he's coming back, and this really applies to the rest of the team more than him when I say, show me. We need to win a lot more games than we have the last 2 years. And his statement doesn't say anything at all about that.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
He got that paper!

I mean, if his Twitter post or whatever the hell the above post is is sincere, why enter the transfer portal? Don’t piss on my leg and tell me that it’s raining.

I don’t believe you, but I hope you kick *** next year.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Hoping this just might be the leader we've been missing since our NC. That's the kind of attitude, if sincere, that can bring a team together, determined to work and accomplish goals.
This is me talking about something that I know absolutely nothing about, but I never got the feeling at any point that Dakota was the one wanting to leave. Too many handlers and influencers in his business trying to push him one way or another for their own gain, and props to DH for sticking to what he seemingly wanted to do.

Like you, I’m hoping he’ll be the leader we need next season. Now we just need Lemonis to find some guys for him to lead

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This is me talking about something that I know absolutely nothing about, but I never got the feeling at any point that Dakota was the one wanting to leave. Too many handlers and influencers in his business trying to push him one way or another for their own gain, and props to DH for sticking to what he seemingly wanted to do.

Like you, I’m hoping he’ll be the leader we need next season. Now we just need Lemonis to find some guys for him to lead
Oh, and by the way Lemonis

IMG_1178.jpeg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He's absolutely not the leader we've been missing Mershon is. DJ is nothing more than a hired gun that's here for one more year.
debbie downer GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"I came to Mississippi State to play in college baseballs best stadium, in front of the nations most passionate fans"

But there are those on here that say the stadium and crowds don't matter and that we shouldn't have spent that much $$..........

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
"I came to Mississippi State to play in college baseballs best stadium, in front of the nations most passionate fans"

But there are those on here that say the stadium and crowds don't matter and that we shouldn't have spent that much $$..........

You actually believe that canned, cliché horsesh*t in his statement?

The only money we spent that matters is the NIL perks we’re giving him. Players don’t care about the stadium nearly as much as the fans do. They aren’t sitting in LFL, eating BBQ, and drinking Miller Lite or shmoozing it in the skyboxes while watching themselves play.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I believe it more than 90% of what you offer up. It's ok, you don't have to like baseball, we don't care

I like baseball fine. Literally grew up at DNF for decades. Love the stadium. But I’m a fan, not a player.

If I’m a player and getting $100k to play at MSU for a year, vs. $150k to play in a bandbox at Coastal Carolina, Vanderbilt, etc, then I’m taking the money. So is just about any other player. It of course shouldn’t be about that, but it is now. So it goes.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I like baseball fine. Literally grew up at DNF for decades. Love the stadium. But I’m a fan, not a player.

If I’m a player and getting $100k to play at MSU for a year, vs. $150k to play in a bandbox at Coastal Carolina, Vanderbilt, etc, then I’m taking the money. So is just about any other player. It of course shouldn’t be about that, but it is now. So it goes.
If I was a player getting paid $100k to play at State I couldn't sell out for $50k more to go somewhere else. But most players don't grow up with a huge attachment to MSU like I did.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If I was a player getting paid $100k to play at State I couldn't sell out for $50k more to go somewhere else. But most players don't grow up with a huge attachment to MSU like I did.

I think its easy to say that when you’re in the working world and have earned a little money. But $50k is a massive chunk of change to an 18/19 year old. Hell, its a massive chunk of change to most 40 year olds.

But you are right….these players don’t have the time to really develop much rooting interest or emotional attachment to the schools recruiting them. Players at that level in HS don’t really have the time that us fans do to put any emotional capital into anything other than their current team(s).

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login