Dallas area

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What’s best area to stay in Dallas?

Want a cool spot for bars mainly to watch our game Saturday and good food options.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Ft Worth. No question. Train from DFW for $2 to downtown ft worth that is crawling with good bars and restaurants. Thompson’s Bookstore has probably the best high class drinks I’ve ever had, even have a below ground speakeasy around the corner. Don’t watch the game there though, not a good atmosphere for it.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Want a cool spot for bars mainly to watch our game Saturday and good food options.
Lower Greenville in Dallas has tons of restaurants and bars…. Really fun area.

Magnolia/West 7th in Fort Worth is a smaller version, but pretty cool too.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Frisco/The Colony area on the far north side has a lot of good places to eat, drink & sleep. Try the area off of Grandscape Blvd @ Hwy 121. Nearer to DFW airport is Lewisville which has many mid-level hotels and many chain restaurants ( Hwy 121 & I-35 area).

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
What part of DFW will you be?

Legacy West is another option. Lots of options to eat, drink, watch. Haystack is one of my favorite spots for nicer dinner.

Granite Park at 121 & DNT has a collections of spots, too on the north side.

Grandscapes is always a good bet. LSA Burger, Walk-Ons, Seven Door, Thirsty Lion all good eats.

Lower Greenville is a popular spot. During the day I would suggest a very select few spots in Deep Ellum, but don’t stay out til dark down there now. (glowing rec, I know)

Bishop Arts has some real cool spots. Tacos y Vino, Sum Dang Good Chinese, Manhattan Brewing

Downtown Grapevine and McKinney are also great spots that are more family oriented, if that’s a box you need to check.

Reactions: HRMSU

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If I'm not mistaken, there's a couple of bars in Fort Worth where STATE fans converge. Maybe in Dallas too, not sure. Try googling. Good Luck.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, there's a couple of bars in Fort Worth where STATE fans converge. Maybe in Dallas too, not sure. Try googling. Good Luck.
Dallas side is trying to re-activate the social aspect (read: young) of the alumni base. Been tough, but we are making progress.
On that note - and apologies for the hijack - but any Dallas Dawgs, PM me if you want to be included on upcoming happy hours, meet ups, etc…. Our FB group and email base doesn’t seem to reach everyone.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Pain,

I think I know you well enough over the years that Downtown Ft Worth would be your scene.

Arlington is not great. Suburbs north of Dallas are family oriented and full of chains mostly. The Dallas hotspots of Lower Greenville, Uptown, Bishop Arts, and Deep Ellum are all for hipsters and the under 30 crowd.

Downtown Fort Worth and/or the Stockyards is walkable, casual, and has lots of options. You can wear your boots and wranglers or a nice suit with no tie and fit right in.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRMSU and Dawgg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Pain,

I think I know you well enough over the years that Downtown Ft Worth would be your scene.

Arlington is not great. Suburbs north of Dallas are family oriented and full of chains mostly. The Dallas hotspots of Lower Greenville, Uptown, Bishop Arts, and Deep Ellum are all for hipsters and the under 30 crowd.

Downtown Fort Worth and/or the Stockyards is walkable, casual, and has lots of options. You can wear your boots and wranglers or a nice suit with no tie and fit right in.
Need some hints on who you are.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Need some hints on who you are.
I'm in Dallas quite a bit for work and I like to stay just north of the PGBT corridor in Plano. Nice areas. Plenty of places to eat. Straight shot to the airport. If I were in Dallas for pleasure instead of work, I'd prefer hanging out more in Ft. Worth.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
And keep in mind there are ~ 7M people in the DFW metroplex so narrowing down a location is pretty challenging. Countless places to have a great time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login