Damn I’m old. The Dean Scream was 20 years ago yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Some things should be left buried. Thanks for exhuming this turd.

(ETA: Dean Scream not Chapelle. Chapelle is a comic genius way ahead of his time.)

Reactions: GloryDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Still one of my favorite Chappelle Show sketches.

A top example in why the media is not liberal. Dean was slightly liberal and the political press could not wait to trash him and could not contain their glee when they finally had something they could manufacture against him. They pushed the narrative that Kerry(!) was more electable and enough gullible Dems fell for it

Reactions: 57stratdawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
A top example in why the media is not liberal. Dean was slightly liberal and the political press could not wait to trash him and could not contain their glee when they finally had something they could manufacture against him. They pushed the narrative that Kerry(!) was more electable and enough gullible Dems fell for it
The Office Reaction GIF

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
The media that characterizes lawmakers as transphobic for opposing gender affirming care but refuses to platform post op human experiments wanting their stories told ? Also won‘t front page the fact that euro-states are banning the procedures ?

look into the reality of crotch botching and ask yourself why 60 Minutes isn’t all over that.

( Hint: It will be banned and receipts won’t be reviewed )

Last edited:
Reactions: paindonthurt

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
You are so out of touch with reality you don’t know what reality is.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Dean was an outspoken critic of the Iraq war, was telling some uncomfortable truths. The dirty trick of the media isolating his audio and turning down the crowds audio did him in. I’m not a Dean fan, he has since proven his partisan dishonesty but in that moment, the media showed just how sleazy they are.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

The media that characterizes lawmakers as transphobic for opposing gender affirming care but refuses to platform post op human experiments wanting their stories told ? Also won‘t front page the fact that euro-states are banning the procedures ?

look into the reality of crotch botching and ask yourself why 60 Minutes isn’t all over that.

( Hint: It will be banned and receipts won’t be reviewed )
The media is PC and anti-liberal. There's more than just two sides to politics or ideology you know. And where the media falls just oh so happens to line up with their executives.....

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You are so out of touch with reality you don’t know what reality is.

Again. You live in an alternate reality. Absolutely no sane person would say the media “anti-liberal”
It's actually the other way around. You clearly live in a fox news bubble and don't realize how anti-liberal the media is. And I don't mean Democrat. The media loves a Big Business, tax cuts and pork for the rich Democrat. They HATE the kind that want to support small business and the middle class or poor, because they see that as coming at the expense of themselves (and it probably does). The media is VERY economically conservative. It's not much of a debate either, they don't hide it. Those that can't see it are the ones that don't see reality.

ETA: and pro-war

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Crazy to think this was once enough to lose an election and now we’re deciding between two people who can’t remember how long ago they soiled the diapers they’re still wearing.
No kidding. A weird spontaneous scream is not OK, but a mere 12 years later half of the country is shrugging off a candidate bragging about grabbing women by the p*ssy.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The “liberal media” is a myth. Biden’s coverage has been unfair. We’ve been told a recession is right around the corner for 3 years now. Been very wrong so far.

I remember seeing a graphic from ABC News that showed all of the military equipment that was left in Afghanistan. It was crazy. Millions of rounds of ammunition, 30 fixed winged aircrafts, 25 helicopters, 250 long range artillery, etc.

then in tiny print at the bottom it said “graphic represents all congressional approved weaponry between 2011 and 2021.”

if that happened under Trump Fox would have broadcast on it for a week. When it happens to Democrats it’s just “really bad if they’ve lost the liberal media!”

Reactions: Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The evidence continues to build that boom boom is just a troll. There, I said it.
Nah, just a very smart individual who has had open eyes to politics for a while now. The media has an acceptable bound to rightie views (which accepts pretty much everything from their bubble even if not endorsing it), and acceptable leftie bound (which is center left, very PC but very economically center right and pro-war center right). This is a media that kicked its highest rated show off the air for not being sufficiently pro Iraq warm. This is a media that promotes tax cuts for their owners relelentlessly, that has missed every economic event for decades and has no apologies. That focused on Hillarys emails and has no apologies. I understand why the fox/newsmas/onn crowd would view me the way they do, the crayon picture of the world they are spoonfed every minute requires it. Hell, fox news was too liberal for them and they ran to a deeper bubble! None of is really expect any different from those delusional fools than to laugh at those not in their bubble and not sharing their delusions.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Nah, just a very smart individual who has had open eyes to politics for a while now. The media has an acceptable bound to rightie views (which accepts pretty much everything from their bubble even if not endorsing it), and acceptable leftie bound (which is center left, very PC but very economically center right and pro-war center right). This is a media that kicked its highest rated show off the air for not being sufficiently pro Iraq warm. This is a media that promotes tax cuts for their owners relelentlessly, that has missed every economic event for decades and has no apologies. That focused on Hillarys emails and has no apologies. I understand why the fox/newsmas/onn crowd would view me the way they do, the crayon picture of the world they are spoonfed every minute requires it. Hell, fox news was too liberal for them and they ran to a deeper bubble! None of is really expect any different from those delusional fools than to laugh at those not in their bubble and not sharing their delusions.
unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
too long didn't read GIF

Reactions: GloryDawg

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
These kinds of threads are most helpful in showing me who can be removed from my feed with no risk of significant loss.

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login