Damnit Adidas...

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Is it safe to assume that some one/group at the university has to approve these designs? Surely we dont just let them ramrod us with anything they dream up.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That person might be as deaf as me.

Adidas rep: We want to do something with the Right Sleeve.
Deaf MSU guy: The White Sleeve????
Adidas rep: Yeah, that’ll work.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I saw the 2014 Dodge Ram version of this shirt today while out roaming. White truck with brown replacement passenger door.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Reminds me of Under Armour about 10 years ago. A UA rep told me they had some deal with the Brazilian soccer team. UA bought massive amounts of green and yellow fabric in preparation for the massive amount of gear they were about to produce. When it hit the shelves, it flopped. For the next couple years, they started throwing pieces of leftover green and yellow fabric on their camo underwear to make use of it. The hunting line was bedazzled in lime green. They developed a whole visual package from it. It made no sense but people bought it.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Being able to wear the same shirt regardless of whether it’s a White-Out or True Maroon game is a plus.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not one who usually complains about shirt design, but this one is warranted. A lot of "what were they thinking" on this one.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Nobody: There's really no way to ruin a maroon and white shirt.

Adidas: Hold my beer.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We can always count on adidas pulling some kind of weird sleeve stripe, shoulder stripe, or weird sleeve of some sort

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Reminds me of Under Armour about 10 years ago. A UA rep told me they had some deal with the Brazilian soccer team. UA bought massive amounts of green and yellow fabric in preparation for the massive amount of gear they were about to produce. When it hit the shelves, it flopped. For the next couple years, they started throwing pieces of leftover green and yellow fabric on their camo underwear to make use of it. The hunting line was bedazzled in lime green. They developed a whole visual package from it. It made no sense but people bought it.

How many pairs do you own?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Well how about that

I bought an under armor base layer shirt about that time. Didn’t understand why it had a big bright green patch on one shoulder. Now I know, and I’m impressed with that production team who did their best to bail out the stupid sales team.

VolunteerDawg

Aug 18, 2016
Does someone at the university have to approve this or do they just have to accept the crap Adidas comes up with

I think I saw someone post an NC State version on Twitter? If so, I can’t imagine they polled all their schools to get their ok. I assume someone from adidas just tells them that “this is what this year’s design looks like.” And I hope that person gets fired.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
All this complaining is hilarious. This design is brilliant. If we tug on the white sleeve we run a pass play. If we tug on the maroon sleeve we run the other pass play. Leach is about to save a fortune on napkins.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Adidas has never given us anything but money and ****** looking unis, shoes, and "sideline attire". Oh wait, then there's Ben Howland that so many of you chimed in on and said we'd have never gotten him without Adidas" Just look at this shirt, The maroon part could be purchased at any rural AL or MS WalMarts. Then they said "what's their other color, white? Ok sew a plain white sleeve on the WalMart's shirt, have the boss's high school aged son come up with a catchy slogan. Triple the WalMart's price and ship it out. Now let's change the logo and do the same for A&M, no sense wasting time with art department just do the same like we always do".

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login